Enabling 768x576 Resolution

Old October 22nd 03, 06:24 PM
Eddy

Default Enabling 768x576 Resolution

hi everybody, is there a way to enable 768x576 resolution on my Geforce
3 videocard? I got this program called Tv tool that says if I want to
watch DVD's at the best possible NTSC setting, this is the resolution to
use. I've tried searching on how to go about doing this but have come
up with nothing so far. I'm using the old 40.23 dets because of the
stupid write protection on the new drivers. I can enable 800x600 but
for some reason I get these odd horizontal lines on the tv. Anyways,
thanks for your help.

Old October 22nd 03, 08:36 PM
cowboyz

I am using the 52.16 and it lets you add your own resoultions . I use
720x576 (for PAL) tried adding 768x576 and it crashed. take what you want
from it really. you could try the drivers and see what you can do with
them.

Old October 22nd 03, 09:35 PM
phobos

"Eddy" wrote in message

hi everybody, is there a way to enable 768x576 resolution on my Geforce
3 videocard? I got this program called Tv tool that says if I want to
watch DVD's at the best possible NTSC setting, this is the resolution to
use. I've tried searching on how to go about doing this but have come
up with nothing so far. I'm using the old 40.23 dets because of the
stupid write protection on the new drivers. I can enable 800x600 but
for some reason I get these odd horizontal lines on the tv. Anyways,
thanks for your help.

NTSC DVD's are 720x480 at 29.97 interlaced fields per second, telecined
to 24p (progressive frames). My GF3 TI200 has a regular mode selectable
when in TV-Out for 720x480 and the screen is zoomed to clip the black
borders. I'm using the 45.23's.

For reference NTSC tv signals are 525 lines (no exact horizontal
resolution, but it roughly equates to 704x525).

I actually reommend not using TV-Tool at all and just selecting
everything through the control panel. I think the built in flicker
slider actually gives better results and I've found TV-tools sharpening
option distorts stuff too much on a good TV set.

Old October 23rd 03, 12:59 AM
Eddy

"Eddy" wrote in message

hi everybody, is there a way to enable 768x576 resolution on my Geforce
3 videocard? I got this program called Tv tool that says if I want to
watch DVD's at the best possible NTSC setting, this is the resolution to
use. I've tried searching on how to go about doing this but have come
up with nothing so far. I'm using the old 40.23 dets because of the
stupid write protection on the new drivers. I can enable 800x600 but
for some reason I get these odd horizontal lines on the tv. Anyways,
thanks for your help.

wow, this is awesome. They finally removed that stupid "bug" where I
couldn't watch DVD's from my S-video out. Damn thing was bitching about
write protection and now with those 52.16s I can watch anything on my tv
without a hitch. Thanks man

Old October 23rd 03, 01:00 AM
Eddy

"Eddy" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks for your help man. I downloaded the beta drivers (52.16s) and I
can now finally enable that resolution and watch it without using
Tvtool. See ya

Old October 23rd 03, 06:42 AM
cowboyz

Thanks for your help man. I downloaded the beta drivers (52.16s) and I
can now finally enable that resolution and watch it without using
Tvtool. See ya

Sweet. pleased it worked for ya.

Old October 23rd 03, 01:19 PM
Darkfalz

watch DVD's at the best possible NTSC setting, this is the resolution to

The best resolutions are already available, 720x480 and 720x576, as these
are the native resolutions of DVD.

Old October 23rd 03, 04:09 PM
Lenny

hi everybody, is there a way to enable 768x576 resolution on my Geforce
3 videocard? I got this program called Tv tool that says if I want to
watch DVD's at the best possible NTSC setting, this is the resolution to
use.

576 lines is PAL resolution, just FYI... DVDs in NTSC is 480 lines I
believe.