Which 52.14 is REAL????

Old October 21st 03, 12:03 AM
cheezemurda

Default Which 52.14 is REAL????

Ok...this is startin to **** me off...before I install this damn driver I want to know which one is
real.....I have 3 different versions of this driver...one is 18mb...another is 9mb and the other is 5mb
which I got from guru 3d....so....WHICH ONE IS REAL? and why are there 3 diff versions

Has anyone tested all of these or what the hell is goin on?

Old October 21st 03, 12:45 AM
not me

No way to really know, but...

The 18meg is probably the universal op system files ( Has winme, 2000, xp,
etc)

The 9 or 5 is probably a op system specific.

Old October 21st 03, 01:14 AM
Philburg2

The 18 is international langauge support, 9 is normal US installer. The 5
may be the US without the installer, which I have. All 3 are legit, but
they are still beta and won't be as stable as the 45.xx for now.

Old October 21st 03, 01:39 AM
cheezemurda

Well all of them are from respectable website but all three cannot be found on each of those websites...each site has a diff version...i really trust guru3d.com and for some reason guru3d
has the smallest one...each of them have different exe's and on the 18mb one is just the basic installation as if u dloaded it from nvidia's site...the 9mb one unpacked comes out to be 47mb...and
the 5mb one unpacked comes out to be 19mb...so which one is real...ive been hearing about all
these ppl checking out these drivers...but i havent heard a thing about which one they have used...so if anyone could please tell me which one they used(file size)
Old October 21st 03, 03:03 AM
Helion

Just tried the 52.14's..... I have a 5600 Ultra and get better frame rates
with the 45.23's WHQL... sniff.

.com...

Old October 21st 03, 04:45 AM
not me

"Philburg2" wrote in message
.com...
The 18 is international langauge support, 9 is normal US installer. The 5
may be the US without the installer, which I have. All 3 are legit, but
they are still beta and won't be as stable as the 45.xx for now.
"not me" wrote in message

oops, that's what I meant DOH!

Old October 21st 03, 05:30 AM
Too_Much_Coffee ®

"cheezemurda" wrote in message
Ok...this is startin to **** me off...before I install this damn driver I
Has anyone tested all of these or what the hell is goin on?

They're all real.
The core files within the 3 different versions are identical.

18MB is the international version.
9MB is the international version, zipped.
5MB version is the English only version, zipped; no installer.

TMC

Old October 21st 03, 06:35 AM
Biz

Already answered, but this is seperate for some reason.....
18MB international version
9MB English version
5MB minus installer

Old October 21st 03, 03:53 PM
derob

"cheezemurda" schreef in bericht
Well all of them are from respectable website but all three cannot be

found on each of those websites...each site has a diff version...i really
trust guru3d.com and for some reason guru3d
has the smallest one...each of them have different exe's and on the 18mb

one is just the basic installation as if u dloaded it from nvidia's
site...the 9mb one unpacked comes out to be 47mb...and
the 5mb one unpacked comes out to be 19mb...so which one is real...ive

been hearing about all
these ppl checking out these drivers...but i havent heard a thing about

which one they have used...so if anyone could please tell me which one they
used(file size)

If you had carefully read Guru3d's website be4 your download you would have
known which one was real.

18 Mb international version as distributed by nVidia
9 Mb english version as distributed by nVidia
5 Mb international version that was compressed by Guru3d for lower use of
bandwith. (sounds a sensible thing to do, dunno why nvidia didn't)

So, they are all real and you could have sufficed with downloading just 5
Mb. (Guru3d is a good place to get your files from)

Greetz,

Derob

Real Doom 3 performance boost ranger Ati Videocards 18 August 10th 04 06:10 AM
Protected vs Real esara Homebuilt PC's 1 May 1st 04 06:00 AM
Real Audio / website Bill Bud Cdr 5 April 19th 04 06:59 AM
OT - Real PLayer (sorry) Dan Manley Ati Videocards 1 December 5th 03 04:07 AM
Real One player doesn't work on secondary display JF Ati Videocards 4 July 15th 03 07:02 PM