GeForce2 MX400 64MB - poor scrolling

Old October 13th 03, 06:21 PM
Denis Mahony

Default GeForce2 MX400 64MB - poor scrolling

Hi,

I recently installed a GeForce2 MX400 64MB , in place of a 32MB GeForce2
MX200.
Now i notice when I scroll page up/down , on the net, I get a ripple effect
on screen. It's at it's worst with WIN TV operating (always on top) .
Is it normal to get some degradation ?
How do I optimise bios (etc) setting to reduce (or even eliminate ) the
effect.

TIA
Denis

KR7A-133
PC2100 256Meg RAM
AMD Athlon 2000+ (1667Mhz) - FSB 133
120Gig Maxtor HD
ZIP 100 Internal
Phillips DVD/CDRW drive 3210
DVD Samsung SD-616
SbLive 1024
Hauppauge WIN TV PCI
56K internal HCF Modem
USB epson scanner
USB lexmark printer
USB SiPix camera

Old October 14th 03, 12:26 PM
Darthy

Windows98? WindowsXP?

Why put in a mx400? (unless it was $10)

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:21:37 +0100, "Denis Mahony"
wrote:

[...]

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!
Old October 14th 03, 07:14 PM
Denis Mahony

Not helpful

Win98SE

When you have a vid card worth $1 , a $10 is a major upgrade

Denis

Old October 14th 03, 07:48 PM
HamMan

Did you install the drivers?

Old October 15th 03, 01:48 AM
Denis Mahony

Thanks .
I have latest VIA drivers. latest nVidea drivers, running at 1024 x 768 @
60HZ . That seems within spec for my dell 17" crt
Bios is the latest from Abit.

Denis

"HamMan"
. freeserve.retard.co.uk
wrote in message ...
Did you install the drivers?

Old October 15th 03, 04:52 AM
Darthy

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 19:14:13 +0100, "Denis Mahony"
wrote:

Not helpful

Win98SE

When you have a vid card worth $1 , a $10 is a major upgrade

So... does it work any worse or better on other games?

Old October 24th 03, 10:11 PM
Gary Tait

Whereas On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 11:26:06 GMT, Darthy
scribbled:
, I thus relpy:
Windows98? WindowsXP?

Lets say either (would it matter)

Why put in a mx400? (unless it was $10)

Yes, $10.
(FWIW, I am thinking of an MX440 for a simialr really cheap deal, just
looking to see if I should or not, to improve on an obsolete 1st gen
AGP card, with a very slim budget, I could afford to lose that until
I can afford a current card, which I was figuring an FX5200)

--
Gary J. Tait . Email is at yahoo.com ; ID:classicsat
Old October 27th 03, 06:43 AM
rhartman

GT:

The mx440 is no slouch : I run Chaintech versions in 2 of my boxes, and
consider the cards very reliable. Most recent, I got an FX5200 to push a
new VX900 LCD under WinME & it does fine ( NEEDS DX_9 installed !!!).

ray hartman
********************

Old October 27th 03, 11:06 PM
Denis Mahony

Ok ! problem solved. I moved my cards around in the PCI slots to
redistriibute use of IRQs.

The modem card was sharing with the graphics card - once I eliminated that
, it solved the problem.

Thanks to all for the input/comments

Regards

Denis

"Denis Mahony" wrote in message
Thanks .
I have latest VIA drivers. latest nVidea drivers, running at 1024 x 768 @
60HZ . That seems within spec for my dell 17" crt
Bios is the latest from Abit.

Denis

"HamMan"
. freeserve.retard.co.uk