ASUS V9520 fan problem

Old October 11th 03, 09:39 PM
Phyzlo

Default ASUS V9520 fan problem

Hello,

I have recently bought an ASUS V9520 GFX card. After two days of using
it the fan started to sound as if it was spinning against something. I
went back to the store and got a new card but this card also started
to sound bad after couple of days.. Is there something wrong with ASUS
V9520 fan in general? Or am I just having bad luck?

Anyways, my question is if anyone else is also having this problem
with this specific GFX card?

Regards,
Phyz

Old October 12th 03, 03:24 PM
Phyzlo

Yes, it should have a fan.

Old October 12th 03, 07:17 PM
Anybody

Not if he got the Magic version. But yes, my 9520/td fan started making the
"fan is gonna go" noise, so I just brought it back and exchanged it, and
this one is fine. I was also given to know that this one was from a
different delivery batch from the priginal I had, so figure that there was
probably a shipment with bad fans made. Who knows how many were made and
shipped out around the globe?
m...

Old October 14th 03, 06:38 PM
iamnotme

I've got the V8420 deluxe...my fan stopped working after about 7-mos
(SmartDoctor gave me a warning).
I called ASUS, and they sent me a new one...all is well now (4-mos later)

Old October 14th 03, 08:06 PM
[]V[] e g a []V[] a d

"Phyzlo" schreef in bericht
om...
Hello,

I have recently bought an ASUS V9520 GFX card. After two days of using
it the fan started to sound as if it was spinning against something. I
went back to the store and got a new card but this card also started
to sound bad after couple of days.. Is there something wrong with ASUS
V9520 fan in general? Or am I just having bad luck?

I bought mine 3 weeks ago, and 5 days ago my fan started making noises when
spinning up.
I fiddled a little with it and it seems to work ok...
However: my case is open, so if it stops I'll know ;-)

I'm gonna replace it with a 3-wire fan and connect it to a fan header on my
mobo for monitoring...

Leo

Old October 17th 03, 06:33 PM
Driekes

I've got the same problem with those cards. Every fan will make noise, even
new out of the box. Asus just denies the problem. I never had understand
this problem: the fan is one of the cheapest parts on the videocard, why not
spending some little money to get a better one... I just quit buying those
cards. I'm using Gigabyte cards now and the smaller one's come with passive
coolers, that's the best!

Driekes

"[]V[] e g a []V[] a d" schreef in bericht

Old October 19th 03, 07:09 AM
Anybody

The V9520 they replaced mine with makes no more noise then a fan should,
niether does my buddys V9950. I doubt you will find a decent card that
doesn't need a fan, but hey, I have been wrong before! What card from
Gigabyte do you have?

Old October 19th 03, 06:17 PM
Driekes

Hey Anybody,

I use the Radeon 9200 128mb (lowend) and the 9600 and up cards for highend.
In my own system I use the GV-R96128D and that's a passive cooled card. The
one with DVI out has a fan but is pretty ok. I use to love the videocards
from Asus (and all there other stuff) but I switched to Gigabyte. I have to
say that the card that I use now is much lower in performance than the
ti4200 128mb I used before and they almost cost the same..... :-(
"Anybody" schreef in bericht
. cable.rogers.com...