Open GL

Old September 9th 03, 01:20 AM
Dean Rheault

Default Open GL

Hello all,

I'm trying to run Medal of Honor on my system. I have a older Riva TNT2
Model 64. How can I tell if my card supports Open GL? When I try and run
the game it will not load?

Any suggestions....

Thanks,

Dean

Old September 9th 03, 02:02 AM
SpaceWalker

Let's start with the assumptions...

assuming you are using XP, and assuming that you are using the built in XP
drivers, you could download the drivers from nVidia's web site and try
those..

also, that card will perform very poorly on Medal of Honor...

. ca...

Old September 9th 03, 07:36 AM
Khayman

Dean Rheault wrote:
I'm trying to run Medal of Honor on my system. I have a older Riva
TNT2 Model 64. How can I tell if my card supports Open GL? When I
try and run the game it will not load?

I believe that I have run Mohaa on a TNT2 M64 - it ran, but not very
quickly...
Used drivers from Gateway, the card wasn't happy with anything else...
(Could have had something to do with the fact that this was a Gateway
system)

Khay.

Old September 9th 03, 09:21 AM
Lenny

I'm trying to run Medal of Honor on my system. I have a older Riva TNT2
Model 64. How can I tell if my card supports Open GL?

It does, provided you download Nvidia's own drivers for it as Microsoft's
default drivers only supports Direct3D. Hit www.nvidia.com and click the
drivers tab in the top navbar. Follow the instructions that it gives you.

Note, the TNT2 M64 is HORRIBLY slow even for games that are several years
old now. I really recommend you buy a different videocard, even the cheapest
you can get will be faster than the - quite frankly - toy you use at the
moment. It was never meant for gaming to begin with, especially not a rather
demanding game like MoH. M64 cards were targetted for business use and were
meant to be cheap only.