60hz refresh only available

Old September 5th 03, 10:07 PM
Robin

Default 60hz refresh only available

I've just installed a geforce fx 5600 and now i've only got one
refresh rate of 60hz! ive reinstalled my monitor drivers and the
geforce drivers and still no luck. (im using win xp sp1).

any ideas & solutions?

I want my 75hz back *sniffs* :-(
Cheers, Rob.
http://profiles.yahoo.com/robbli777
"Feel the fear and do it anyway"
Old September 5th 03, 10:56 PM
TomG

usually, 60 hertz limitation comes along with a resolution and color depth
limitation as well. can you do 1024x768 and hither and 32 bit color?

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
ftp://68.98.180.8 Abit Mirror ----- Cable modem IP
over 115,000 FTP users served!
^^^^^^^

Old September 5th 03, 11:12 PM
Robin

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 17:56:24 -0400, "TomG"
wrote:

Im stuck at 60hz no matter what i try. i previously had a geforce 3
ti200 which worked fine with my tft monitor (max res 1024x768 @ 75hz)

Old September 5th 03, 11:37 PM
MoHo

See if this helps: http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php

Old September 6th 03, 12:12 AM
Shep©

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 22:07:40 +0100, In this world we created Robin
wrote :

I've just installed a geforce fx 5600 and now i've only got one
refresh rate of 60hz! ive reinstalled my monitor drivers and the
geforce drivers and still no luck. (im using win xp sp1).

any ideas & solutions?

I want my 75hz back *sniffs* :-(
Cheers, Rob.
http://profiles.yahoo.com/robbli777
"Feel the fear and do it anyway"

The free and superb,"Rivatuner" has the in-built fix,
http://www.guru3d.com/rivatuner/

HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,

Old September 6th 03, 12:32 AM
Jim Stevenson

In article , darkwave999
@yahoo.co.uk says...
I've just installed a geforce fx 5600 and now i've only got one
refresh rate of 60hz! ive reinstalled my monitor drivers and the
geforce drivers and still no luck. (im using win xp sp1).

any ideas & solutions?

I want my 75hz back *sniffs* :-(
Cheers, Rob.
http://profiles.yahoo.com/robbli777
"Feel the fear and do it anyway"

This is a known problem with XP and Nvidia cards. this link should solve
your problem

http://www.nvrt.org/

Jim
--
------------------------
Seti@home team - SetiUK
Old September 6th 03, 01:29 AM
TomG

so you can do 1024x768 but you're stuck at 60 hz? well, registry problems
and/or bad monitor driver/registry entry...

Old September 6th 03, 10:25 AM

You did not say which operating system you have but I'll assume you're
working with Winodws XP which has this fault. To remedy the fault install
SP1 as well as Direct X 9.0 and then this should be resolved. There is still
one drawback, and that is if you are running Open GL games the rate will be
stuck at 60 hertz when playing the game.

This tool should help with that or fix the problem by default should you
wish not to update your operating system and Direct X 9.0:

http://download.guru3d.com/pafiledb....on=file&id=170

regards

Old September 7th 03, 01:32 AM
Valentine's

Get NVIDIA refresh tool, XP locks it at 60FPS, its not your card ...

wrote:

Im stuck at 60hz no matter what i try. i previously had a geforce 3
ti200 which worked fine with my tft monitor (max res 1024x768 @ 75hz)

usually, 60 hertz limitation comes along with a resolution and color

depth
limitation as well. can you do 1024x768 and hither and 32 bit color?

Cheers, Rob.
http://profiles.yahoo.com/robbli777
"Feel the fear and do it anyway"

Refresh stuck at 60Hz Kai Robinson Ati Videocards 13 February 21st 04 03:42 PM
ATI RADEON vertical refresh problem (60Hz) Nikos Chantziaras Ati Videocards 0 January 2nd 04 11:45 PM
Refresh Rates Me Nvidia Videocards 0 August 29th 03 01:03 AM
Strange flicker ( not a refresh flicker ) w/PNY FX5900 Henric Nvidia Videocards 1 August 13th 03 08:59 PM