Apollo GeforceFX 5600 keeps crashing in Jedi Outcast and RTCW

Old August 8th 03, 05:51 PM
James

Default Apollo GeforceFX 5600 keeps crashing in Jedi Outcast and RTCW

I've RMAed the Video card and replaced it with a Gainward fx5600 and I'm
having the same error so it doesn't look like it's a bad video card. I've
got a 300W PS. Could that be an issue?

"Dennis" wrote in message
Thats strange, I have the same problem but only occasionaly, 2-3 times a
week with my GeFX 5200. I play SWG and it will crash with the same Visual
C++ runtime library error. Only seems to have started with SWG. I am using
DX9a my ssytem is : GeFx5200 128 (64bw) p4-1.8 , 768 mgbr 100gb with 60%
free. My Mobo is the Asus p4-b as well.

Dennis
"James" wrote in message news:3f251c01$1@shknews01...
I just got an Apollo GeforceFX 5600. For some reason just after a minute

or
so I get an error on Jedi Outcast:
MS Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program ... jk2sp.exe
Abnormal Program Termination.
I click OK. and the program closes to the desktop.

After a few minutes of playing Retrun to Castle Wolfenstien I get an error
and booted back to the desktop.

I've updated the BIOS on my Mobo, Formated and reinstalled WinXP,

installed
the lasted chipset drives as well as installed the 44.03 and 45.20

detonator
drvies for the video card. Nothing helped. I pull out the FX5600 and
install my old Geforce2 mx200, and everything runs fine.
I can play Unreal tournament for an hour and get no errors. Same for
Half-Life.

Any Suggestion? Do I just have a bum video card?

Mobo: FIC AZ11E
CPU: AMD Athlon 1.2Ghz
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
Memory 512MB PC100