Medal of Honor 1944 DX9a and MX440

Old August 7th 03, 01:49 PM
Joe727

Default Medal of Honor 1944 DX9a and MX440

Running DirectX 9.0b and a Radeon 64Mb 9000 Pro with the 3.6 Catalyst =
drivers. No problems with the patched Mohaa at all. Perhaps you should =
update your motherboard chipset drivers.

Joe

"Andy Adamson" wrote in message =
news
Last weekend I installed Flight Simulator 2004 and it upgraded my
DX8.1 to DX9a without seeking my permission and I now have a problem
with Medal of Honor. All other installed programs are unaffected.
=20
Before getting too many replies I know the MX440 128 Mb isn't the best
of cards and that it isn't a DX9 card but it does well for the use I
put it to.
=20
When loading the game reports a problem and advises that it needs to
shut down, The Spearhead expansion pack (with its patch) works fine. I
reinstalled Medal of Homor and it works fine, I then install the v1.11
patch and I get the same crash situation..
=20
Has anyone else seen this? Will changing to a DX9 card solve it if the
patch were applied? I'm not really worried as I'm quite happy running
the game without the patch
=20
=20
Andy Adamson

Remove the NOSPAM please if replying via e-mail

Old August 7th 03, 02:36 PM
Joe727

Oops - thought this was the ATi newsgroup. Anyway, on my other =
computer, I have a GeForce 4 - 440 Mx - 64 Mb card running the 4.43 =
nVidia drivers and the patched Mohaa. No problems on that PC either.

Perhaps you need to update the drivers for your motherboard chipset.

Joe
=20
m...

Old August 9th 03, 10:07 AM
Andy Adamson

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 03:08:27 GMT, "Robert Hancock"
wrote:

What drivers are you running? You may need to update them..

Drivers are 43.45 which seem quite stable and with the exception of
the reported problem rarely cause any problem

I'm not sure now if Flight Simulator 2004 installed DX9.0a or 9.0b now
tried checking on properties and it says DX9 or better, very helpfull!

Might DL and install 9.0b and see if that changes things