Geforce FX 5200 in an ECS P4VXASD2, won't post/boot anyone help?

Old August 1st 03, 02:05 PM
Mario Kadastik

Default Geforce FX 5200 in an ECS P4VXASD2, won't post/boot anyone help?

Steve wrote:

The boards been running fine since Feb, Just put a Geforce FX 5200 in
and at power on, nothing happen. The fans and drives spin up, but no
post and no video signal.

I've flashed to the newest bios for the mb ( 2020627), that's not helped.

Agp is set down to 1X

As far as I know these cards support AGP 2x/4x/8x not AGP 1x

Mario

Old August 1st 03, 05:11 PM
Steve

In message , Mario Kadastik
writes
Steve wrote:
The boards been running fine since Feb, Just put a Geforce FX 5200
in and at power on, nothing happen. The fans and drives spin up, but
no post and no video signal.
I've flashed to the newest bios for the mb ( 2020627), that's not
helped.
Agp is set down to 1X

As far as I know these cards support AGP 2x/4x/8x not AGP 1x

Mario

I've tried 2x and 4x, I thought 1x might be the 'fail safe option' when
nothing else worked (as I couldn't think of anything else ).

--
Steve
Old August 3rd 03, 06:31 AM
Ron Merts

What wattage Power Supply are you using?

Ron

"Steve" wrote in message
In message , Mario Kadastik
writes

Old August 3rd 03, 01:42 PM
Steve

In message , Ron Merts
writes
What wattage Power Supply are you using?

Ron

Hi Ron,
Tried a 300w (the one that was already in the case), and a new 350w.
Didn't make a bit of difference.

I'm thinking, it's either a bios setting I'm missing somewhere, or the
AGP slot won't support the 1.5v 8x standard (but the boards only 5
months old and a 3 year old Abit BH6 has no trouble at all !!)

So, basically, I'm confused....
Also the first system in about 7 years I haven't been able to sort out..
--
Steve