Driver Problem Asus V8440

Old July 31st 03, 01:57 PM
ReMi

Default Driver Problem Asus V8440

Hi,

I'm trying to install my V8440 in Windows XP
But the drivers claims i do not have an Asus card installed.
Does anyone have the same problem ?

Asus V8440/TD/PAL/128M/A
Hardware rev 1.00
Biosversion 4.25.00.34.AS07

ANVsetup.exe reports: "cannot find asus display card"

Old July 31st 03, 03:55 PM
Baron Von Black

"ReMi" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm trying to install my V8440 in Windows XP
But the drivers claims i do not have an Asus card installed.
Does anyone have the same problem ?

Asus V8440/TD/PAL/128M/A
Hardware rev 1.00
Biosversion 4.25.00.34.AS07

ANVsetup.exe reports: "cannot find asus display card"

So what does XP claim you have ?????

Are you using Nvidia OR Asus's drivers ????

Let us know please........

Old July 31st 03, 09:33 PM
Baron Von Black

"ReMi" wrote in message
The driver setup reports: "This is not an Asus Card" and aborts

installation
The NVidia Detonator driver works fine, but the asus tools are

unavailable.

After investigating i found out the following:
The card identifies itself with an hardware ID witch could not be found in
the ASUSNV2K.INF.
Also in the AsusRC.dll file the entry could not be found (used by
Smartdoctor and Tweak Util).

I think my adapter is an V8440S with hardware id
"PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0251&SUBSYS_80731043&REV_A3"
It seems that currently this adapter is not supported in Asus Drivers and
Utility's.

Anybody having same problems ?

This is strange behaviour indeed.

I also have the same card using Nvidia's drivers under Windows XP.

So out of curiosity I downloaded Asus's tweak util & there latest drivers.

Now Asus's tweak util ID's my card correctly as a V8440 Ti even when using
Nvidia's 44.67 drivers.

The Tweak Util functions correctly.

Asus's 44.71A drivers were downloaded and tested.

Installation proceeded flawlessly and the drivers run perfectly ID-ing my
V8440 correctly.

So try downloading the 44.71A drivers from Asus and let us know how it goes!