Q: PCI system - whats is the best card I can get?

Old July 31st 03, 01:32 AM
RH

Default Q: PCI system - whats is the best card I can get?

I have a system with only PCI slots (the AGP is taken up with the built in
VGA on the MB).
What would you recommend I get in the way of a 3D card? I don't mind paying
$$ for a good card. Whats the best one I could get?
Or... would I be better just getting an AGP MB and an AGP card?

Rob.

Old July 31st 03, 07:23 AM
Ron Merts

You mean your mobo won't disable the onboard AGP video when you plug in an
AGP video card? YUK! I have seen GeForce MX 440 models and even a FX 5200
for PCI; but most of the upper-end cards are going to require you to be able
to use AGP.

Ron

Old August 3rd 03, 12:35 AM
First of One

It might be a good idea to look for a new MB. I routinely see ECS boards
(e.g. the K7S5A for the Athlon) selling for $50.

--
First of One, Primary Adjunctive Grid Alpha-01
Remove "NOT" from Email Address to Reply

Old August 9th 03, 09:10 PM
mcmd

Look here and read:

http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...readid=1031972