Adjusting "gamma" with GE Force MX440

Old July 22nd 03, 06:46 PM
TC

Default Adjusting "gamma" with GE Force MX440

I just replaced an old video card with a GE Force MX440. Now my screen is
very dark. With the old video card, there was some way to adjust the
"gamma", which made the screen much brighter. With this new video card,
however, I can't figure out how to change the gamma. Can anyone offer
advice?

-TC

Old July 23rd 03, 12:53 AM
TC

Thank you for the advice. I've downloaded Riva Tuner and it works great.

Please help me understand the big picture. Do I really need a third-party
application to change the gamma, or is there some way to do it with either
the video card software or the operating system? It seems to me that the
gamma is an extremely important adjustment, and I'm puzzled about why it is
so hard to change.

-TC

Download the free,"Rivatuner",
http://www.guru3d.com/rivatuner/
Have it load on bootup.
run it.
Main/Driver settings/Customize/Customize Desktop and Overlay settings.
Make a gamma corrected brightness say 2.2 and choose the save Icon but
give the scheme a name say
gamma1
Make another one but reset to defaults and save as
Def1
Now go back to the Main Tab/Launcher and make Launcher profiles with
the + sign(add) and give this the same names as the two you have made
but edit each one so it launches the colour scheme and in the Shortcut
key box I use Crtl+1 for my gamma1 and Ctrl+2 for my Def1.
Anytime I want the gamma settings up I use the key combos and in the
Launcher you can even set it to run the specific game if you like with
a custom gamma for that game.
HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,

Old July 23rd 03, 01:02 AM
Shepİ

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 23:53:48 GMT, In this world we created "TC"
wrote :

Thank you for the advice. I've downloaded Riva Tuner and it works great.

Please help me understand the big picture. Do I really need a third-party
application to change the gamma, or is there some way to do it with either
the video card software or the operating system? It seems to me that the
gamma is an extremely important adjustment, and I'm puzzled about why it is
so hard to change.

You can do it with the Display Settings for the Geforce cards and save
a profile and then click on the taskbar icon if you show it however
Rivatuner is better IMHO as you can assign the,"Hotkeys" and RT has a
built in reg checker/fixer that you won't see but if it finds a
problem can auto-fix it when you use,"It" to change your settings

Old July 23rd 03, 08:52 PM
Shepİ

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:24:55 GMT, In this world we created "TC"
wrote :

You can do it with the Display Settings for the Geforce cards...

Okay, I've looked everywhere and I can't find the settings you are referring
to. Can you give me a better idea where to look? I've downloaded the manual
from the Triplex website, and it isn't any help. Is there any good
documentation for these products anywhere?

Don't get me wrong -- I'm happy with Riva Tuner for adjusting the gamma.
Nevertheless, I feel it is worthwhile to learn about the basic features of
the card; otherwise I'm just an ignorant dufus following advice blindly.

Thanks.
-TC

In the later Nvidia Drivers.Control
Panel/Display/Settings/Advanced/Nvidia Card/Left,"Fly-out"
Colour correction.
Also Whilst the Fly out is there/Desktop utilities/Display Media
Centre Icon In Taskbar.
Make profile.Invoke using right click on Taskbar icon and choose
section.
HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,
Old July 24th 03, 12:52 AM
Shepİ

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:20:23 GMT, In this world we created "TC"
wrote :

In the later Nvidia Drivers.Control
Panel/Display/Settings/Advanced/Nvidia Card/Left,"Fly-out"
Colour correction.

Egad! I don't have a Color Correction section, not on the fly-out or
anywhere else. I must have an old version of the driver. Anyway, I'm done
with this problem. Riva Tuner works great and I understand the basic
concepts now. Thanks.

Take it easy.
-TC

It's in the older drivers/Display Settings" somewhere but I haven't
used them for a while so cannot remember but it there but as
stated,"RT" is way better than the provided interface,better
written,more features and more robust

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,