External display on Medion laptop with GForce FX 5200

Old July 22nd 03, 07:56 PM
Martin

Default External display on Medion laptop with GForce FX 5200

Hi

I can't get my Medion laptop to simply display the main screen on an
external monitor. All I get is this crappy (and totally useless) extra
screen area. I know that in that awful Nvidia desktop manager there should
be an option to "clone" the display or something. The version of the
software I have does not appear to have this facility (or it's well hidden)
THe walk through's I've seen on a couple of websites show a different
variant of the software.

For those interested, the Medion (sold through Toys R Us, believe it or
not!) is a nice machine, only really spoilt by the crappy graphics card, but
I suppose you can't have everything!

Thanks

Martin

Old July 22nd 03, 09:00 PM
Shep©

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:56:11 +0100, In this world we created "Martin"
wrote :

Hi

I can't get my Medion laptop to simply display the main screen on an
external monitor. All I get is this crappy (and totally useless) extra
screen area. I know that in that awful Nvidia desktop manager there should
be an option to "clone" the display or something. The version of the
software I have does not appear to have this facility (or it's well hidden)
THe walk through's I've seen on a couple of websites show a different
variant of the software.

Might be something on here,
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=support_faqs

For those interested, the Medion (sold through Toys R Us, believe it or
not!) is a nice machine, only really spoilt by the crappy graphics card, but
I suppose you can't have everything!

Thanks

Martin

I've worked on and recommended,"Medion" systems for 3 years or
more.They are superb build quality/price and their after sales is
usually top notch.If the above URL doesn't help ring them direct and
ask for a call back so you don't pay.They have been nothing but
helpful to all those I know who have their systems

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,
Old July 22nd 03, 09:53 PM
Martin

wrote :

[...]

Thanks for that. I finally found the right bit. god awful bit of software
though that Nvidia desktop manager. Even Bill Gates would be ashamed!!

Yes, my Medion laptop got a good review recently, only knocked for having
256 meg of ram. It now has 512 as standard, so you can't go wrong there.

Martin

Why laptop has different display on screen & ext monitor? Rich General 2 February 12th 05 03:45 AM
On the brink of madness... I.C. Koets General 18 January 31st 05 10:49 PM
Updrade PC Guy Smith General 22 August 15th 04 01:57 AM
Laptop display died - Possible Help? Cliff Roman General 2 June 4th 04 01:34 AM
IBM T41p external display resolution -- answer and question dshoe Ati Videocards 0 April 12th 04 05:04 PM