MSI FX5600-VTDR128 : 1.5 or 3.3V

Old July 20th 03, 05:40 PM
Keith Clark

Default MSI FX5600-VTDR128 : 1.5 or 3.3V

Yes, I did search on Google first but didn't find anything obvious so I
thought I could get an answer here -

I just bought an Asus P4P800 Deluxe motherboard, and I want to buy a
FX5600-VTDR128 card to use with it. The manual says "1.5V AGP cards only".

Will the FX5600-VTDR128 work in this board? It seems like it should, since
it's the latest generation, but since it's not clearly stated on the MSI
website, I have to ask.

Thanks in advance for any replies,
Keith
Old July 21st 03, 01:54 AM
Keith Clark

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 22:46:05 +0000, Rich Barry wrote:

Yes it will work on your Board. 3.3V goes way back even before the

GF3.

OK, thanks. That's what I was thinking since AGP 4X and on uses 1.5V but I
had to ask...

Thanks for the straight-up response. :-

--Keith

news

Old July 21st 03, 02:28 PM
Eddie

"Keith Clark" wrote in message
news
Yes, I did search on Google first but didn't find anything obvious so I
thought I could get an answer here -

I just bought an Asus P4P800 Deluxe motherboard, and I want to buy a
FX5600-VTDR128 card to use with it. The manual says "1.5V AGP cards only".

Will the FX5600-VTDR128 work in this board? It seems like it should, since
it's the latest generation, but since it's not clearly stated on the MSI
website, I have to ask.

Thanks in advance for any replies,
Keith

Yes, Keith, I have the Asus P4P 800 Delux board and am using an FX5600 VTDR
card. It even runs my old GF2 MX card.

Eddie

Old July 22nd 03, 02:29 AM
Keith Clark

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 21:28:15 +0800, Eddie wrote:

"Keith Clark" wrote in message
news
Yes, I did search on Google first but didn't find anything obvious so I
thought I could get an answer here -

I just bought an Asus P4P800 Deluxe motherboard, and I want to buy a
FX5600-VTDR128 card to use with it. The manual says "1.5V AGP cards only".

Will the FX5600-VTDR128 work in this board? It seems like it should, since
it's the latest generation, but since it's not clearly stated on the MSI
website, I have to ask.

Thanks in advance for any replies,
Keith

Yes, Keith, I have the Asus P4P 800 Delux board and am using an FX5600 VTDR
card. It even runs my old GF2 MX card.

Eddie

Thanks. In hindsight it seems like a bit of a dumb question...

Now all I need to do is wait for the Fed-X guy to show up. ;-

--Keith