best geforce card manufacturer?

Old July 20th 03, 01:50 AM
pete

Default best geforce card manufacturer?

Stability=Asus

"NaTaS" wrote in message

i spent a crap load of money on a pny ti4600 within weeks of its release.
liking the idea of the lifetime warranty is why i chose PNY. well guess
what i am sick of this manufacturer. Since i got the card i have had to
send it back 3 times for replacement. i have used it in 2 different
systems, and it just doesn't hold up. I do not overclock. but the first
time, i got weird graphics in dos boot screens and then in the same spots

on
the windows desktops, it would show red dots everywhere, the second time

got wierd "extra" polygons everywhere shooting across the screen in 3d
games, now it is giving me errors and seems like it is slowing down like

heat issue, the fan is working fine.. but i just can't figure it out..

each
time, i pulled the card out, and put my old trusty creative labs geforce 2
in and it runs great. The damn pny card only lasts about 3 months and

then
it starts acting wierd..

my question to the group is. i am ready to upgrade to a new company, i

have
had it with pny, does anyone know of a good geforce manufacturer.. i do

not
want to turn to the darkside "ati".

who has the best warrantys, tech support, stability. I like stable, no
problems. i don't overclock anything.

thanx in advance
James Johnson

Old July 20th 03, 06:16 AM
Strontium

Asus is king! Great PCB's!

-
Margetts stood up, at show-n-tell in and said:

ive stuck with asus ever since their release of the TNT2 32meg card
(V3800 deluxe)
and currently have an Asus V8440 (Geforce4 ti4400)
as long as you keep up with nVidia's driver updates everythings fine
:-D "NaTaS" wrote in message

i spent a crap load of money on a pny ti4600 within weeks of its
release. liking the idea of the lifetime warranty is why i chose
PNY. well guess what i am sick of this manufacturer. Since i got
the card i have had to send it back 3 times for replacement. i have
used it in 2 different systems, and it just doesn't hold up. I do
not overclock. but the first time, i got weird graphics in dos boot
screens and then in the same spots on the windows desktops, it would
show red dots everywhere, the second time i got wierd "extra"
polygons everywhere shooting across the screen in 3d games, now it
is giving me errors and seems like it is slowing down like a heat

--
Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. `Cause every
now, and then, I kick the livin' **** `outta me." - Lit

Old July 20th 03, 01:21 PM
Courseyauto

:-D "NaTaS" wrote in message

[...]

Asus only has a 1 year warranty,Gainward has a 3 year
warranty.
The 5900 non utlra card from Gainward would be a good choice,Googlegear has
them for $382. DOUG
Old July 20th 03, 05:54 PM
Keith Clark

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 12:21:57 +0000, Courseyauto wrote:

Asus only has a 1 year warranty,Gainward has a 3 year
warranty.
The 5900 non utlra card from Gainward would be a good choice,Googlegear has
them for $382. DOUG

The FX5600-VTDR128 won "editor's choice" in a VGA card roundup at Toms
Hardware. You can get them for only $169 if you search on Pricewatch (I
found a good deal at http://www.gameve.com).

It's got a nearly silent fan (25DB), a remote control, video-in, and a TON
of bundled software (Duke Nukem Manhattan Project, Ghost Recon, and
others). There's cards out there that get higher benchmark scores, but for
the price and range of bundled software, it's still a fast card with a lot
of value for the price, in my opinion.

I don't quite have one yet although I'm very strongly considering this
card for an upgrade I'm doing.

--Keith
Old July 20th 03, 10:45 PM
Eddie

"Keith Clark" wrote in message
news
[...]

Beware, the remote only works with WIn XP.

Eddie