3d mark 01 results why?

Old July 19th 03, 06:56 AM
Margetts

Default 3d mark 01 results why?

with:
512Mb SD-RAM
GF4 Ti4400 128mb
P4 1.6Ghz

why am i not seeing results above 4500???

Old July 19th 03, 06:59 AM
edde

What OS?
What Drivers?
What Motherboard?
What Resolution?
What Video Settings?
What Is Your Favourite Colour?

Old July 19th 03, 07:51 AM
aep@nospam writeme.com

On 19 Jul 2003 01:44:08 -0500, tq96 wrote:

I had something similar happen the first time I ran 3DMark 2001. It turned
out that I had FSAA enabled in the driver. I thought that since 3DMark
said "No AA" that it had turned off the FSAA, but it turns out that the
application can't override the driver level user settings.

Thats what the "application preference" option is for.

Andrew.
Old July 19th 03, 09:13 AM
Margetts

*Windows XP Pro
*latest nVidia drivers (downloaded last week)
*unkown motherboard cannot find make/model anywhere in instruction book,
not even the people who made it.
*1280*1024@32bit

Old July 19th 03, 09:35 AM
Margetts

sorry i use 1280*1024@32 but the test was run at 1024*768@32 .. i
just ran it again and got 7391 m just checking the online browser now..

Old July 19th 03, 07:02 PM
tq96

since 3DMark said "No AA" that it had turned off the FSAA, but it
turns out that the application can't override the driver level user
settings.

Thats what the "application preference" option is for.

That's true, but there are a lot of games out there that don't know what
FSAA is. I originally thought that setting it in the driver would set a
default for those games, while allowing the other ones to set it.

What I'd really like to see is per-resolution FSAA settings, so I would be
able to set 4x FSAA for low resolutions and lighter ones for higher
resolutions without having to manually change it all the time.
Old July 20th 03, 03:13 AM
Flow

Your cpu is bottleneck.
Also driver 44.03 should give you optimal performance.

"Margetts" schreef in bericht

Old July 20th 03, 03:26 AM
Margetts

i built the machine myself but when i was picking up the components the
salesman said this new board just came out, great for gaming, same
price... so i swapped but hey i was 14 and wanted to through the 486
so i accepted

all i can find is P4IBAS i will see what a search in google reveals
"J.Clarke" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 18:13:37 +1000
"Margetts" wrote:

*Windows XP Pro
*latest nVidia drivers (downloaded last week)
*unkown motherboard cannot find make/model anywhere in instruction
book, not even the people who made it.

What is the brand and model of the machine? When it starts up does it
show any information about brand or model? Are there any markings on
the board itself--if not a brand or model then at least an FCC ID? In
Device Manager, under"System Devices" is there anything about Intel,
Via, or SiS?

*1280*1024@32bit

"Margetts" wrote in message
with:
512Mb SD-RAM
GF4 Ti4400 128mb
P4 1.6Ghz

why am i not seeing results above 4500???

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Old July 20th 03, 05:46 AM
Margetts

i have the latest drivers and Vice City runs flawlessly

if thats how u spell it?

"edde" wrote in message
Actually, according to the tech support of most games, including Vice

City,
Enter The Matrix, and a couple others, they recommend using the 43.45
drivers, and staying away from the 44.03's.

Old July 20th 03, 06:37 PM
Paul Greer

I have a 1GHz Athlon and get 3000ish 3DMarks with an MX440. I would've said
that his RAM was the bottleneck, although I'm not qualified to rule out the
CPU. Could be either.