Geforce 4 Ti 4800SE 8

Old July 15th 03, 12:46 PM
Kingpin

Default Geforce 4 Ti 4800SE 8

Hi all,

Today I bought a Geforce 4 "Ti 4800SE 8 128 DDR" and I have installed it but
the fan on it is making a rather loud spinning noise. Is it supposed to do
this?

Reply soon...
Old July 15th 03, 03:13 PM
Martin Eriksson

"Kingpin" wrote in message
m...
Hi all,

Today I bought a Geforce 4 "Ti 4800SE 8 128 DDR" and I have installed it

but
the fan on it is making a rather loud spinning noise. Is it supposed to do
this?

Depends on brand... the fans are one of the few things the manufacturers
still customize on nVidia boards.

My Ti4200 emits a noise just around the noise level of my hard drives.

/M

Old July 16th 03, 12:03 AM
Sandy

If the noise is loud and you're sure it's coming from the card, I would
request another card during the warranty period. I had the same experience,
and I wasn't sure if it was supposed to make such a noise or not. I
installed another card, and it was quiet, so I got another card. Haven't
had another problem. Sometimes the fans are just bad.

Old July 16th 03, 08:02 AM
Gaffer

"Sandy" wrote in message
If the noise is loud and you're sure it's coming from the card, I would
request another card during the warranty period. I had the same

experience,
and I wasn't sure if it was supposed to make such a noise or not. I
installed another card, and it was quiet, so I got another card. Haven't
had another problem. Sometimes the fans are just bad.

It must be the card because obviously the noise has just started happening
since it was installed.

Gaffer

Old July 16th 03, 08:41 AM
J.Clarke

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 08:02:50 +0100
"Gaffer" wrote:

"Sandy" wrote in message
If the noise is loud and you're sure it's coming from the card, I
would request another card during the warranty period. I had the
same

experience,
and I wasn't sure if it was supposed to make such a noise or not. I
installed another card, and it was quiet, so I got another card.
Haven't had another problem. Sometimes the fans are just bad.

It must be the card because obviously the noise has just started
happening since it was installed.

Are you sure that you didn't manage to get a wire moved so that it's
touching the blades of one of the fans? That's easy to do when you
install a new board and it makes a quite remarkable racket.

Gaffer

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)