Asus GeForce4 ti4200 (V9280 VS) card

Old July 13th 03, 08:32 PM
Keith Clark

Default Asus GeForce4 ti4200 (V9280 VS) card

Looking at the Asus web site this seems like sweet card. I like the
massive heatsink and the variable speed fan, at least in theory. The
video in feature seems interesting too although I do have an analog to
DV convertor already.

And I like the fact that it has dual DVI connectors, according to the
manual. I probably like that more than the video-in feature.

But I can't find anyone selling it. Is it a lot more expensive than the
regular "TD" version of this card, and has anyone tried recording video
with it?

Or hooking two LCD monitors to it?

Or know where to buy one? I can find the "S" version but not the "VS"
version.

Thanks,
Keith

Old July 13th 03, 11:47 PM
Beowulf

Some retailers call this model line the V9280S-TVD, V9280-TVD, V9280/TVD
or the V9280TVD. Same specs as the Video Suite on the Asus site as far
as I could tell. .
gameve.com $202 (backorder) amoung others.

Old July 14th 03, 01:44 AM
Keith Clark

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 16:47:42 -0600, Beowulf wrote:

Some retailers call this model line the V9280S-TVD, V9280-TVD, V9280/TVD
or the V9280TVD. Same specs as the Video Suite on the Asus site as far
as I could tell. .
gameve.com $202 (backorder) amoung others.

Actually that's not the same card. According to the review at HardOCP
(http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MzkyLDI=), the V9820S/TVD shows a
different fan/heatsink as well as one standard VGA connector and one DVI,
where the manual for the V9820VS shows two DVI connectors. I do appreciate
the info though.

Keith

Old July 14th 03, 09:58 PM
Keith Clark

I've been looking at the specs for the 9560 VideuSuite cards - I can find a few
people selling them, at about $30-40 more than an Asus V9280 TD (Ti440) card.
Like you said, these cards have dual DVI connectors so that's one thing I'm
looking for.

It seems that the Ti440 cards get higher frame rates except when using
anti-aliasing. I suppose that's fine since I'd want anti-aliasing.

Has anyone here used a FX 5600 based card, which is what the 9560 is based on?
All anyone talks about in reviews is overclocking and frame rates. What about
stability, low noise and image quality?

Keith

Ron Merts wrote:

Well, none of their "distributors" resell it, and their only "reseller"
listed does not list it either. You are right, the VTD, TVD, TD and S/???
cards are NOT the same card as the VS card. I wonder if they are dropping
it in favor of their FX 5200 and FX 5600 VideoSuite cards. Both the 9520VS
and 9560VS have the dual DVI outputs like the 9280VS. Odd that no on sells
or distributes that particular version of the card since it does appear to
be a new/updated design.

Ron