DVD Playback and nVidia cards

Old July 13th 03, 08:23 AM
Pepys

Default DVD Playback and nVidia cards

Anyone know of a workaround for the problem of not being able to play DVDs
with the newer nVidia drivers?

Really ****ed off with nVidia et al with all this macrovision crap.

Appreciate any advice.

Rgds

Sam

Old July 13th 03, 09:16 AM
Chris_News

Try this:
http://www.maximusdvd.com/

Old July 13th 03, 02:11 PM
Aussie

You must be &^(^%$ kidding me....Right....What ami watching then ?????

"Pepys" wrote in message
Anyone know of a workaround for the problem of not being able to play DVDs
with the newer nVidia drivers?

Really ****ed off with nVidia et al with all this macrovision crap.

Appreciate any advice.

stop computing.....

Rgds

Sam

Old July 13th 03, 08:05 PM
johndevoy

I think he means with the tv out option.

Old July 14th 03, 06:28 AM

1-stop shoppong..... my dreams

Old July 14th 03, 08:12 AM
Inglo

johndevoy cam up with this on 7/13/2003 12:05 PM:

I think he means with the tv out option.

This is not necessarily an nVidia problem, the TV decoder chips used on
certain cards, notably those made by VisionTek, are not equipped with
Macrovision. Therefore any attempt to play any DVD will fail with
certain drivers.
AFAICT the latest drivers(44.65+), the macrovision limitation seems to
be gone.

--
"Crazy way to travel, spreading a man's molecules all over the universe."

Steve [Inglo]

Old July 14th 03, 08:48 AM
GeoW

Inglo wrote:
johndevoy cam up with this on 7/13/2003 12:05 PM:

I think he means with the tv out option.

This is not necessarily an nVidia problem, the TV decoder chips used
on certain cards, notably those made by VisionTek, are not equipped
with Macrovision. Therefore any attempt to play any DVD will fail
with certain drivers.
AFAICT the latest drivers(44.65+), the macrovision limitation seems to
be gone.

That's good news, the "official" 44.03's on the Nvidia site still have the
problem, though I suppose anything over the 40.72's probably don't help a
GF3 ti200 much anyway.

Old July 14th 03, 01:07 PM
Goose

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 00:48:44 -0700, "GeoW" wrote:

Inglo wrote:
johndevoy cam up with this on 7/13/2003 12:05 PM:

I think he means with the tv out option.

This is not necessarily an nVidia problem, the TV decoder chips used
on certain cards, notably those made by VisionTek, are not equipped
with Macrovision. Therefore any attempt to play any DVD will fail
with certain drivers.
AFAICT the latest drivers(44.65+), the macrovision limitation seems to
be gone.

That's good news, the "official" 44.03's on the Nvidia site still have the
problem, though I suppose anything over the 40.72's probably don't help a
GF3 ti200 much anyway.

Well I installed some DVD software (decrypters, codecs, etc.) and suddenly
got the macrovision problem when trying to view a DVD that had always worked
before (no TV-out connected). I checked on the nVidia site and it said to
make sure that I have the latest driver. I had 42.71 (I think) and so I
downloaded the latest from their site (44.03) and installed it. Hey presto!
No more macrovision problem.

I have a Gainward Ti-4800SE with VIVO.

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=3594#common2

Old July 14th 03, 06:09 PM
GeoW

Inglo wrote:
AFAICT the latest drivers(44.65+), the macrovision limitation seems
to be gone.

That's good news, the "official" 44.03's on the Nvidia site still
have the problem, though I suppose anything over the 40.72's
probably don't help a GF3 ti200 much anyway.

Well I installed some DVD software (decrypters, codecs, etc.) and
suddenly got the macrovision problem when trying to view a DVD that
had always worked before (no TV-out connected). I checked on the
nVidia site and it said to make sure that I have the latest driver. I
had 42.71 (I think) and so I downloaded the latest from their site
(44.03) and installed it. Hey presto! No more macrovision problem.

I have a Gainward Ti-4800SE with VIVO.

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=3594#common2

It's probably different for different cards. The GF3 ti200 uses a Conextant
BT868 for TV out. The latest driver I can use without 3rd party intervention
is the 40.72's, and I've tried them all. It would be nice if Nvidia just let
us disable the TV-out in setup somewhere so it wouldn't be an issue.

Old July 14th 03, 06:24 PM
Keith Clark

GeoW wrote:

Well I installed some DVD software (decrypters, codecs, etc.) and
suddenly got the macrovision problem when trying to view a DVD that
had always worked before (no TV-out connected). I checked on the
nVidia site and it said to make sure that I have the latest driver. I
had 42.71 (I think) and so I downloaded the latest from their site
(44.03) and installed it. Hey presto! No more macrovision problem.

I have a Gainward Ti-4800SE with VIVO.

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=3594#common2

It's probably different for different cards. The GF3 ti200 uses a Conextant
BT868 for TV out. The latest driver I can use without 3rd party intervention
is the 40.72's, and I've tried them all. It would be nice if Nvidia just let
us disable the TV-out in setup somewhere so it wouldn't be an issue.

Have you tried playing DVD's in Linux with these cards?

It's not a rhetorical question, as I plan to use one (Ti4200 based) on Linux
soon myself (dual boot Win2K/RedHat 9).

--Keith

TV tuner card for LCD Stacey General 15 April 4th 04 03:06 AM
A7N8X-Dlx and win98se - No Audio - has me stumped Kyle Brant Asus Motherboards 13 November 26th 03 12:08 PM
Playing HDTV clips on ATI cards hg Ati Videocards 3 October 8th 03 05:41 PM
video playback on 9700pro ? worse than nvidia ? Atlan Smith Ati Videocards 3 August 28th 03 01:27 AM