GF2-Ultra & Forte Agent 1.93 - Text Highlighting Anomolies with 44.03 Driver

Old July 6th 03, 04:49 AM
Joe Pyles

Default GF2-Ultra & Forte Agent 1.93 - Text Highlighting Anomolies with 44.03 Driver

I've been seeing this for the last year or so first with a GeForce 4
ti4600 and then a GeForce FX 5800 Ultra and now with a GeForce FX 5900
Ultra with the latest beta drivers 44.65. I haven't seen any driver
that doesn't do it.

On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 02:55:09 GMT, Damaeus
wrote:

I have a Creative Labs Annihilator 2 Ultra (GeForce 2 Ultra) graphics
card and I'm running the 44.03 driver downloaded from nVidia a few days
ago. When highlighting text in Forte Agent 1.93, I get "lines" between
each character of the higlighted text as shown he

http://www.web-recon.com/img/highlight-anomaly.jpg

Note that the lines only appear where the cursor has appeared between
characters. The distortions appear in the way they do because I used
the mouse to diagonally drag out the highlight across the paragraph.

Has anyone else using Agent seen this? I haven't noticed the problem
with any other program as of yet.

Damaeus

Old July 6th 03, 07:11 AM
Tom Plunket

Damaeus wrote:

I have a Creative Labs Annihilator 2 Ultra (GeForce 2 Ultra) graphics
card and I'm running the 44.03 driver downloaded from nVidia a few days
ago. When highlighting text in Forte Agent 1.93, I get "lines" between
each character of the higlighted text as shown he

It seems to be an interaction with ClearType. If you turn that
off (it's in Display Properties somewhere, inside an "Advanced"
popup window), then the issue should go away. That may not be
acceptable, but you get used to this behavior after a bit.

-tom!
Old July 6th 03, 08:39 AM
Nick Spalding

Damaeus wrote, in :

I have a Creative Labs Annihilator 2 Ultra (GeForce 2 Ultra) graphics
card and I'm running the 44.03 driver downloaded from nVidia a few days
ago. When highlighting text in Forte Agent 1.93, I get "lines" between
each character of the higlighted text as shown he

http://www.web-recon.com/img/highlight-anomaly.jpg

Note that the lines only appear where the cursor has appeared between
characters. The distortions appear in the way they do because I used
the mouse to diagonally drag out the highlight across the paragraph.

Has anyone else using Agent seen this? I haven't noticed the problem
with any other program as of yet.

It has happened with every version of Agent, back to .99c, and every video
card I have used. I long ago stopped noticing it. It does no harm.
--
Nick Spalding
Old July 19th 03, 03:33 AM

wrote:

I have a Creative Labs Annihilator 2 Ultra (GeForce 2 Ultra) graphics
card and I'm running the 44.03 driver downloaded from nVidia a few days
ago. When highlighting text in Forte Agent 1.93, I get "lines" between
each character of the higlighted text as shown he

http://www.web-recon.com/img/highlight-anomaly.jpg

Note that the lines only appear where the cursor has appeared between
characters. The distortions appear in the way they do because I used
the mouse to diagonally drag out the highlight across the paragraph.

Has anyone else using Agent seen this? I haven't noticed the problem
with any other program as of yet.

If you move the mouse *slower* the problem is lessened, from what I
have seen.

--
Arargh307 at [drop the 'http://www.' from -] http://www.arargh.com
BCET Basic Compiler Page: http://www.arargh.com/basic/index.html

To reply by email, change the domain name, and remove the garbage.

writing cd`s biggmark Cdr 7 December 31st 04 08:57 AM
FBI SADISTS should be HUNTED, KIDNAPPED and TORTURED for 3 YRS Keith General 2 November 23rd 04 07:32 AM
Nero help needed foghat Cdr 0 May 31st 04 08:23 PM
Nero and dvd-r failure Blair Wilson Cdr 1 February 5th 04 07:23 AM
Help! - The dreaded buffer underrun XPG Cdr 5 August 31st 03 06:27 PM