ATI guy just visiting...

Old July 3rd 03, 12:27 AM
LBJGH

Default ATI guy just visiting...

No ****ing matches... just came to check out the other guys... currently
running AIW9700pro @ 370core/666mem.

Just reading though the posts for interest sake...

---

Old July 3rd 03, 12:36 AM
LBJGH

Thanks for the warm welcome... I bet you are a hit with the ladies.

"Derek Wildstar" wrote in message

"LBJGH" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
No ****ing matches... just came to check out the other guys... currently
running AIW9700pro @ 370core/666mem.

Just reading though the posts for interest sake...

Nothing here to see, move along.

---

Old July 3rd 03, 01:40 AM
casual observer

le.rogers.com...
:
: Just reading though the posts for interest sake...
:
:

Reading posts doesn't generally involve typing and hitting send

Old July 3rd 03, 02:55 AM
Derek Wildstar

"LBJGH" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...

Thanks for the warm welcome... I bet you are a hit with the ladies.

I am, quite irrelevantly, See how my charms aren't thusly wasted on you?

You should see how the ladies swoon when I blow my powerful 9cfm
'Dustbuster' over certain critical areas of their anatomy. Which is good,
since I wouldn't want to them to overheat due to all that extra voltage
running unregulated through their acceleration ports. You do know how
important it is to tend to the ladies G-port, right Sport?

Betcha wish you checked us out earlier, dontcha. It's the way it's meant to
be played, or haven't you read the latest memo?!

Old July 3rd 03, 03:08 AM
LBJGH

Thanks for the response ceedee. I figured if I showed up here saying how
much I liked my video card I'd get flamed.... I tried to be
non-confrontational, but I have to come in with my dukes up. What gives.

Anyway, I haven't had a nvidia based card since my tnt2 card (a long time
ago). I had a 64mb Radeon VIVO card which was only mediocre performance
wise. I upgraded to a 9700pro and was happy with the performance but missed
the VIVO functions so I sold that card and got an AIW9700pro.

People talk about image quality being the major difference between Nvidia
and ATI. You guys care to comment. Perhaps someone who switched from ATI
to Nvidia could comment.

tx
LBJGH

p.s. I'm still reading... and may type and hit send again.
"ceedee" wrote in message
Welcome to the group

a more appropriate post would be to tell us if you are
happy or not with the card you have
rather than just stating what it is which doesnt really add anything to

the
mix

anyway enjoy your stay

ceedee

PS yes i top post i cant help myself Ive tried but i just cant do it
i dont have a wheel mouse and all that scrolling is a bitch please forgive
me

"casual observer" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...

Old July 3rd 03, 03:24 AM
Strontium

A buddy, at work, recently switched from nVidia to ATI (9500). He says
he'll never touch an nVidia card, again. He says the quality of the visuals
doesn't even touch the GF4 Ti's. I'm drooling, for the 9700, right now.
Had to get rid of my CPU/memory bottleneck, first. Dropped quite a bit of
cash, on that. So, have to wait another month or so...

-

"ceedee" wrote in message
Welcome to the group

a more appropriate post would be to tell us if you are
happy or not with the card you have
rather than just stating what it is which doesnt really add anything
to the mix

anyway enjoy your stay

ceedee

PS yes i top post i cant help myself Ive tried but i just cant do it
i dont have a wheel mouse and all that scrolling is a bitch please
forgive me

"casual observer" wrote in message
"LBJGH" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
No ****ing matches... just came to check out the other guys...
currently running AIW9700pro @ 370core/666mem.

Just reading though the posts for interest sake...

Reading posts doesn't generally involve typing and hitting send

---

Strontium

"I thought I'd lost you, somewhere. But you were, never, really ever
there at all.. And, I want to get free..."

Old July 3rd 03, 04:02 AM
neopolaris

Response? I didn't know there was a question. Do you often type for no
reason?
Oh hey, I lowered my cholesterol.

That's right. No one cares.

Old July 3rd 03, 04:48 AM
Anybody®

I figured if I showed up here saying how much I liked my video card I'd get
flamed
Oh puleese, you were banking on it.

e.rogers.com...

"ceedee" wrote in message
Welcome to the group

a more appropriate post would be to tell us if you are
happy or not with the card you have
rather than just stating what it is which doesnt really add anything to

the
mix

anyway enjoy your stay

ceedee

PS yes i top post i cant help myself Ive tried but i just cant do it
i dont have a wheel mouse and all that scrolling is a bitch please

forgive
me

"casual observer" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...

Old July 3rd 03, 05:33 AM
Dave

"Strontium" wrote in message
A buddy, at work, recently switched from nVidia to ATI (9500). He says
he'll never touch an nVidia card, again. He says the quality of the

visuals
doesn't even touch the GF4 Ti's. I'm drooling, for the 9700, right now.

If the visuals of the ti4200 are so much better than a 9500 then why won't
he touch another nvidia card then? Am I missing something here?
Dave

Old July 3rd 03, 06:01 AM
Strontium

I guess you don't understand english? Re-read it.

-
Dave stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

"Strontium" wrote in message
A buddy, at work, recently switched from nVidia to ATI (9500). He
says he'll never touch an nVidia card, again.

He says the quality
of the visuals doesn't even touch the GF4 Ti's. ----------This line*

I'm drooling, for
the 9700, right now.