Tomb Raider AOD probs

Old July 2nd 03, 01:27 AM
b00gjuice

Default Tomb Raider AOD probs

Hey All,

So much for getting Tomb Raider right away. It is pretty buggy. I have a
Geforce FX 5900 Ultra and I can't get any cinematic video to show, only
sound. The game seems to hate Anti-Aliasing because you can't see any menu's
if you enable it.

I would be interested in anyone else's opinion with Nvidia hardware that
plays the game.

Here is my System:

P4 3.06 w/HT
Geforce FX 5900 Ultra
1G Rambus PC1066
Asus P4T-533C
Audigy Platinum

--
Remove nospam to reply by email

-b00gjuice

Old July 2nd 03, 07:08 PM
Craig Lester

No problems here, got a GF3 ti-200 running 30.82 drivers on an old kt7-raid
with a xp 2400 in it.. runs as smooth as silk

Old July 3rd 03, 12:50 AM
rhonddaman

upgrade to 44.03 - still crappy. I expected better from TR-AOD, but there
again it was rushd a bit. Perhaps these problems will be fixed with a patch.
I am told that disabling EAX does improve matters though. Will give it a
try.
"rhonddaman" wrote in message
I am having problems running the game with my Asus TI4600 Deluxe. The game
is runs but pauses fro a few seconds every minute. WIn XP actaially gave

me
a Blue screen and advised I look at the TI4600 drivers. I am runing DX
9.0Aand the 43.45 dets.

Old July 4th 03, 04:10 PM
B J H

I have a GF4 440MX (64Mb, 2x AGP) and the shadow and some other options seem
to be shaded out

I would try to the pacth!

Old July 5th 03, 03:23 AM
Anders Albrechtsen

"b00gjuice" wrote in message
Hey All,

So much for getting Tomb Raider right away. It is pretty buggy. I have a
Geforce FX 5900 Ultra and I can't get any cinematic video to show, only
sound. The game seems to hate Anti-Aliasing because you can't see any

menu's
if you enable it.

I would be interested in anyone else's opinion with Nvidia hardware that
plays the game.

Here is my System:

P4 3.06 w/HT
Geforce FX 5900 Ultra
1G Rambus PC1066
Asus P4T-533C
Audigy Platinum

Untick "depth pass" in settings - video options.
---
Anders

Old July 7th 03, 07:26 PM
Chris S

anyone got the URL 'cause I can't find the patch..... ....You know what
that makes me!

Cheers!

"Comfortably Numb" wrote in message
Sorry for top posting but there is now a patch for Angel of Darkness
available at the Eidos website which supposedly fixes the FMV problems.

Old July 7th 03, 09:57 PM
Comfortably Numb

Dirk Pajonk wrote:
ftp://ftp.eidos.de/pub/de/tomb_raide..._PATCH_V42.exe

or

ftp://ftp.eidos.co.uk/pub/uk/tomb_ra..._PATCH_V42.exe

"Chris S" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag .. .

Old July 8th 03, 06:13 PM
Chris S

Thanks very much!

Is there a web page so I can keep an eye out for future upgrades?