NVIDIA NVIEW desktop manager profiles - what good are they?

Old June 30th 03, 06:38 PM
Reviewer2003

Default NVIDIA NVIEW desktop manager profiles - what good are they?

I have a Aeolus TI4200 8X. I do not have two monitors. But I wish to
use the capabilities of nVIEW to build up multiple desktops. What I
understand from their documentation is that each desktop can have a
name, it has a different wallpaper and screensaver. Now I am afraid
that is all. Because when I define different icons, colour schemes,
toolbars, resolutions, font sizes, etc for every desktop the system is
screwed up. You loose all your settings and all desktops look the same
except for the wallpaper. Now what good is it to have multiple
desktops if you can not customise them. Also in their documentation
they talk about profiles. But nowhere can you find the relationship
between the desktop and profile. Can a profile have many desktops or
visa versa. Or is there no relationship at all. Now I am asking the
question here and the NVIDIA or AOPEN representatives are very welcome
to come and say "the system is easy to use, please do this and that
and it will work as it should". I think we as users have to help each
other. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot.