ti4200 cards....any to avoid?

Old June 30th 03, 12:03 PM
Anybody

Default ti4200 cards....any to avoid?

lol, actually, I was just backtracking the group to see what I missed and
what could be learned, and found it amusing!
"Harrie" wrote in message
e...
Thoughts?

Yes, I do have them now and again, for example this afternoon when I

was
sitting on the toilet, I was wondering why they don't make **** in

more
attractive colors...

WAAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you have very unique thoughts! lol, I agree that Asus =
Quality.

Judging from the time that it took You to write this answer, I guess that
You have been thinking about it thoroughly as well (don't feel ashamed

about
it, just come out of the closet like I have done. You can look at it any

way
You want, but it still remains a part of Yourself that You have to say
farewell to when it goes on its voyage beyond known borders in the great
mysterious caverns that are called sewers). Have You perhaps come to a
sensible conclusion (I haven't reached one yet :-( ).

Greetings,
René

Old July 1st 03, 12:47 AM
KSlater

Powercolor and eVGA would be two I would stay away from. ASUS and MSI (the
brand I use) seem to be okay.

le.rogers.com...

=

Old July 1st 03, 08:07 AM
Ron Merts

I would recommend MSI highly, then ASUS or Gainward. I have never had a bad
experience with eVGA but I have seen some complaints about their Ti4200
series cards.

Ron

"Anybody" wrote in message
. rogers.com...

Thoughts?

Yes, I do have them now and again, for example this afternoon when I was
sitting on the toilet, I was wondering why they don't make **** in more
attractive colors...

WAAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you have very unique thoughts! lol, I agree that Asus =
Quality.

Well, that was enough bull**** for one day, back to Your card question.

If
were You, I'd buy one from a decent brand. I have an Asus myself (9280S)

and
am very happy with it. However, if You do decide to buy a cheap but

unknown
brand, You can always get NVidia's own drivers, the detonator. This one
works on all cards that use their chipset. I prefer Asus drivers,

because
You get an icon in Your systray which You can use to do all kinds of
adjustment, more user-friendly then in the detonator. So conclusion is

that
I think it is better to spend a little more money to buy a more known

brand,
but You won't have to worry that much if You decide to buy a cheaper

one.

Good luck (just buy the same one as I have and we can be happy together

but
still divided by almost the whole world).

Greetings from Holland,
René