"quiet" fan for GF4200Ti (Asus V9280/TD) + automatic under/overclockquestions

Old June 27th 03, 04:21 AM
Jay Sottolano

Default "quiet" fan for GF4200Ti (Asus V9280/TD) + automatic under/overclockquestions

Thomas,
I have the same card, and the fan is very quiet... Perhaps u have a
bad fan? Is it a new card?

Jay S.

dk_sz wrote:
The (stock) fan I have it extremely noisy. It gets "unbalanced" very easily
(by itself). I have never ever heard such a noisy fan before - and neither
have my friends.
Can anyone of you suggest any of following fans (mainly ThermalTake, if
there are other good brands, feel free to recommend them!):

Thermaltake Orange Orb Chipset køler
5000 RPM / 30 dBA / 12V DC

Thermaltake Crystal Orb chipset køler
26.5 dBA / 1 Stk.

Thermaltake VGA køler til GeForce4 Coolmod

Both noise and cooling is important!

Also - does anyone know of a program that can auto switch "clocking"
profiles
depending if you are using e.g. desktop compared to using OpenGL/DirectX?
Say normal clocking is "XXY" and I have found that I can run with "XXX",
then I would like to have a program that could autoswitch for me as needed.

best regards
Thomas Schulz

Old June 27th 03, 08:55 AM
678

I also have the same card. Unfortunately, it also makes noise, the kind
that means something's wrong. Usually it comes when I boot the computer.
But it doesn't happen all the time. And yes, it's only a couple of
months old. It's bad fan all right. When playing games the screen will
freeze, too. Like it's not responding to my mouse. Sending it back means
a wait of a couple of weeks. Not very convenient for me since I don't
have a spare card.

Old June 27th 03, 01:26 PM
Jay Sottolano

Hello,
If it is only a coupole of months old, you may want to try ASUS and see
if they will send you a replacement fan. I had (still hava as a
backup) at Visiontek Ti200, which Visiontek replaced the fan on for me...

Jay S.

Old June 28th 03, 07:17 PM
Soapm

78" wrote in message

I also have the same card. Unfortunately, it also makes noise, the kind
that means something's wrong. Usually it comes when I boot the computer.
But it doesn't happen all the time. And yes, it's only a couple of
months old. It's bad fan all right. When playing games the screen will
freeze, too. Like it's not responding to my mouse. Sending it back means
a wait of a couple of weeks. Not very convenient for me since I don't
have a spare card.

Depending on your ethics you can go buy another card at a local store (best
buy or circuit city) to get you by until your replacement card arrives.
There are times we all must limp until we are fully healed?