Is it my monitor or video card?

Old June 25th 03, 05:50 AM
Mark

Default Is it my monitor or video card?

I have the GEFORCE 2 MX400 for about one year on a BX motherboard. The
display is not clear on the left side of the screen. It's not too blurry,
but definitely noticeable. I just had my tube replaced on my AOC 17GLR
monitor.

I'm trying to get a hold of another video card to see if it's the card or
monitor.

What do y'all think?

Old June 25th 03, 07:02 AM
Strontium

Try switching out the cable, first. A Hell of a lot less expensive...

-

--
I'm sorry. Apparently, I'm feeling a little too psychotic this morning.

-The main character in Postal 2

Old June 25th 03, 03:10 PM
DavidS

I am absolutely shure it is AOC fault.
AOC is piece of ****.
My cousin had the same one and showed
me the exactly the same issue - blurry left side.
He sold it for a half of the price (to some needy)
and bought Hyundai for almost the same price.
In my opinion Hyundai is a good cheap monitor.
We use them at work.
They have shadowmask tube so the colors are
not as good as if you have trinitron tube,
but they are very good and there are no 2 horizontal
lines that you can see on trinitron tube.
Hyundai have sharp image - not blurry as AOC.
To be onest I must admit that shadowmask tube
is not 100% flat if you compare it to trinitron/diamondtron,
but as I wrote, Hyoundai is 10x better for the same
price than AOC. Actually AOC is the worst one I have ever seen.

Trust me and don't waste your time by changing graphics card.

HTH

David

P.S. At home I have Mitsubishi/NEC 930SB and I'm very satisfied,
but this one was quite expensive.
Old June 26th 03, 08:15 AM
Thomas

Thanks...it turned out to be the monitor. Now, I have to lug the damn thing
back to the repair shop when they usually close by the time I leave work.

"Harrie" wrote in message
e...
| Try switching out the cable, first. A Hell of a lot less expensive...
|
| This if off course possible, but if I had to bet money on one of the
things,
| it would be on the monitor. The sharpness of an image can differ a little
| bit among videocards, but the differences are very subtle and homogenous
| over the screen.
|
| Wishing You good luck!!!
|
| Greetings,
| René

PCI PVR card for use with Dish Network DBS? Dave C. Homebuilt PC's 4 June 21st 04 07:03 PM
TV tuner card for LCD Stacey General 15 April 4th 04 03:06 AM
Bootabe Compact Flash Card on USB ... Possible on the P4C800E-Deluxe kda Asus Motherboards 0 January 28th 04 08:06 PM
Video card for Asus CUSL2 Kamal Asus Motherboards 2 January 28th 04 07:03 PM
Add PCI card gives 1 Long 2 Short Beeps Jane Tweedynn General 5 October 6th 03 01:15 AM