Geforce FX 5600 locks up my comp whenever I try to play a game.

Old June 23rd 03, 09:37 PM
Searchin_For_Answers

Default Geforce FX 5600 locks up my comp whenever I try to play a game.

"Ryan Cossette" wrote in message news:xuKEa.1157486$F1.138394@sccrnsc04...
As soon as I got my Geforce FX to run in agp mode instead of pci mode, now
it just freezes my computer when ever I try to play any games. Doesn't
matter which game I play or what settings I use. I have a kt333 dragon ultra
platiunum motherboard, about 1.4 gigs of ram, a phenoix bios. And I have the
newest drivers for my card, and the newest chipset drivers for my
motherboard. I'm totally lost as to what could be making this happen. please
help.

Ryan

Were you ever able to figure out what made your system lock up? I
just bought a FX5600 card and now I'm thinking your problem may become
mine. The first one they sent me had bad memory on the card so I only
registered 128MB of video ram.

Thanks
Old June 24th 03, 06:41 PM

Sounds like a possible power problem. Wat is the rating of your power
supply. FX cards need more power. Many FX card manufacturers recommend 350
watts minimum.

regards

om...

Old June 26th 03, 07:55 AM
Ron Merts

Sounds likely. Any GeForce FX should have at LEAST a 350 Watt power supply,
400+ would be better.

Ron