NVidia Riva TNT connecting to TV

Old June 23rd 03, 05:50 AM
David G. Hoch

Default NVidia Riva TNT connecting to TV

I am attempting to connect my NVidia Riva TNT video card to my television.
I've tried the composite cable, as well as an S-Video cable. I get the same
results with either cable. When I boot up the computer I get color bars on
the television screen. When I turn off the computer the color bars go away.
I guess this means that the TV is getting some video signal, but I haven't
found a way to get it to display the computer screen image. Can someone
give me an idea about what I am doing wrong.

Thanks for your help.
--David

Old June 23rd 03, 06:26 PM
J.F. van Baarlen

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 04:50:55 GMT, "David G. Hoch"
wrote:

I am attempting to connect my NVidia Riva TNT video card to my television.
I've tried the composite cable, as well as an S-Video cable. I get the same
results with either cable. When I boot up the computer I get color bars on
the television screen. When I turn off the computer the color bars go away.
I guess this means that the TV is getting some video signal, but I haven't
found a way to get it to display the computer screen image. Can someone
give me an idea about what I am doing wrong.

Two options - go into the screen-props, find the part that says
'device selection', and pick the TV.
Or the more commonly preferred one - go to www.tvtool.info, it's an
excellent tool to enable/tweak tv-output on almost all NVidia-based
cards.