need board recommendation (gigabyte, or any other)

Old October 16th 04, 10:16 PM
NuTCrAcKeR

Default need board recommendation (gigabyte, or any other)

Hello People,

I am wondering if there is a board out there that meets the following
criteria:

Socket A (with Barton 333 (or XP 266) support)
4 DDR slots
Supports Dual Channel (not essential, but preferrable)
Supprts Reg ECC Dimms. (required)

Anything else is gravy (NIC, ATA/SATA Raid, sound, etc) ...

Thanks,

- NuTs

Old October 17th 04, 11:51 PM
GolfNut

check out the GA-7N400 Pro2 Rev 2

http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_Spec_GA-7N400%20Pro2%20(Rev%202.0).htm

Old October 18th 04, 02:19 AM
Ryan J. Paque

wrote:

Hello People,

I am wondering if there is a board out there that meets the following
criteria:

Socket A (with Barton 333 (or XP 266) support)
4 DDR slots
Supports Dual Channel (not essential, but preferrable)
Supprts Reg ECC Dimms. (required)

Anything else is gravy (NIC, ATA/SATA Raid, sound, etc) ...

Thanks,

- NuTs

With the GA-7N400, you are only able to use 3 of the DDR slots. The
4th DDR slot is for dual channel ONLY.

That being said, my GA-7N400-L is a good board. Just make sure all
the OTHER parts of your system are fully operational... When I got my
new board, I had a hell of a time with stability until I figured out my
graphics card was going senile.

Ryan