GA-8INXP run at 800 FSB

Old October 16th 04, 01:16 AM
DarkElldar

Default GA-8INXP run at 800 FSB

Can this MB run at 800 FSB anf if so what P4 800 cpu's will work on this
board.

Thanks for any help.

Old October 16th 04, 02:10 PM
Richard Dower

"DarkElldar" wrote in message
Can this MB run at 800 FSB anf if so what P4 800 cpu's will work on this
board.

Thanks for any help.

No, unless you get a 2.4Ghz CPU with a 533FSB and overclock it to hell.

Old October 17th 04, 06:04 PM
Gripper

"DarkElldar" wrote

Can this MB run at 800 FSB anf if so what P4 800 cpu's will work on this
board.

I don't see why not: the FSB can be increased to over 200 in the BIOS (=800
quad pumped)
and the memory speed and timings, and PCI bus speed can be set
independently. Go on give it a go you know you want to .
Please post back as I want to do this too

Neil

Old October 23rd 04, 04:59 PM
Gripper

"Gripper" wrote

"DarkElldar" wrote

Can this MB run at 800 FSB anf if so what P4 800 cpu's will work on this
board.

I don't see why not: the FSB can be increased to over 200 in the BIOS
(=800 quad pumped)
and the memory speed and timings, and PCI bus speed can be set
independently. Go on give it a go you know you want to .
Please post back as I want to do this too

bad form to reply to my own post but.....
stuck a P4 3.2GHz chip in my SinXP1394 mobo: no go (
seems that even though I can set the fsb to 200 in the bios- the chip needs
1.4volts: cannot set bios to this value: so fans spin, but no POST, no
beeps, nothing.
Now... any recommendations for a new board for my new chip?? I like Gigabyte
and have been very happy with the old board. I need RAID, don't need SATA,
need 800fsb (!) and socket 478

TIA
Neil