GA-7NF-RZ + GeForce2 MX = No boot?

Old October 14th 04, 03:59 AM

Default GA-7NF-RZ + GeForce2 MX = No boot?

Argghh! Can anyone help me?

I've just built a system with a GA-7NF-RZ mainboard and I'm using a
cheap Cardex GeForce2 mx400 (64Mb SDRam/64bit) as an AGP video card,
cos I don't really play games.

The problem is - the system won't boot. With just CPU, RAM and Video
Card installed I get no beeps, no video, nothing but fans and power
lights. If I remove the Video Card I get the long-short-short POST beep
which means "video problem." From this I'm assuming the CPU and RAM are
working fine.

The Gigabyte manual says "If the card has a 4x/8x(1.5v) notch, please
ensure that the card is 4x/8x(1.5v)."

According to the vague Cardex manual, the card is AGP 2.0 compliant and
1x 2x 4x. I figured this was enough, but do I need an 8x/AGP 3.0
compliant card instead? Is it possible this card is 3.3v, despite
having the notch? It has no voltage jumpers or anything else...

Can anyone shed any light? I really don't want to spring for a new card
if I can help it (already spent all my money on current setup!)
Regards,

Angus

Old October 14th 04, 05:47 PM
CapFusion

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

From what I can tell, your 7NF-RZ is a fine MoBo using a old GF2MX440 card.
You MX and your MoBo should be fine together according to Giga-Byte spec..
My suspection is toward the card itself. It can be a defect card.
Can you test this MX440 onto another PC and just to see if it can bootup
only. No need to install on that borrow PC.

CapFusion,...

Old October 14th 04, 11:43 PM
Kaptain Krunch

I dont have that part number of board but I do have a gigabyte board... My
manual says that the board WILL NOT BOOT if there is a 2x agp card in the
slot...I assume that means 1x or 2x or 2x/4x I have a 4x/8x card... try a
diff card that is only 4x or more

KK