How to install Intel INF update properly?

Old August 24th 04, 01:41 PM
Glitch

Default How to install Intel INF update properly?

HI!
I'm using a GA-8I875 Ultra with INF 5.1.0.1102 and Windows XP PRO SP1a.I
tried to update the INF drivers to 6.1.0.1108(latest from the Gigabyte
site) but each time computer reboots after istall,my USB mouse won't
work so I use the keyboard to do a System restore.Anyone out there has a
solution?
I also don't understand those 'command line flags' mentioned in the
readme file.What exactly do I have to do to enter those commands?
Old August 24th 04, 02:22 PM
Andreas Grögel

Glitch wrote:
HI!
I'm using a GA-8I875 Ultra with INF 5.1.0.1102 and Windows XP PRO SP1a.I
tried to update the INF drivers to 6.1.0.1108(latest from the Gigabyte
site) but each time computer reboots after istall,my USB mouse won't
work so I use the keyboard to do a System restore.Anyone out there has a
solution?

Yes - stick with the 5.x INFs. Or is there anything fixed/new that you
need? AFAIK the 6.x are only necessary for i915/925-chipset boards.

Grüße,
Andreas
Old August 24th 04, 04:52 PM
Richard Dower

"Glitch" wrote in message
HI!
I'm using a GA-8I875 Ultra with INF 5.1.0.1102 and Windows XP PRO SP1a.I
tried to update the INF drivers to 6.1.0.1108(latest from the Gigabyte
site) but each time computer reboots after istall,my USB mouse won't work
so I use the keyboard to do a System restore.Anyone out there has a
solution?
I also don't understand those 'command line flags' mentioned in the readme
file.What exactly do I have to do to enter those commands?

I know the answer to this, it's a USB issue. What i would suggest is you
download and install SP2....a slipstream disc would be best.

But if not, go to Microsoft and look for a download with the knowledgebase
article KB822603.

Download he

Install this before the INF files and all will be fine. Read more about the
best way to do a fresh install he

http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34558

Old August 24th 04, 05:36 PM
Glitch

Thanks for the quick replies and I think I'll stick with 5.x for now.
There's also a few other things bugging me.I have one 80 GB SATA
HDD.Every time I boot my comp,GigaRaid ATAPI Bios performs a scan that
takes about 20-30 seconds.Is there any way to shut this scan down 'cause
I heard it's not necesary for SATA?
Also is it possible to deactivate memory test 'cause I've got 1 GB RAM
and it takes some time to scan it(not much,about 5-10 seconds)?
Old August 24th 04, 06:05 PM
Richard Dower

"Glitch" wrote in message
Thanks for the quick replies and I think I'll stick with 5.x for now.
There's also a few other things bugging me.I have one 80 GB SATA HDD.Every
time I boot my comp,GigaRaid ATAPI Bios performs a scan that takes about
20-30 seconds.Is there any way to shut this scan down 'cause I heard it's
not necesary for SATA?
Also is it possible to deactivate memory test 'cause I've got 1 GB RAM and
it takes some time to scan it(not much,about 5-10 seconds)?

Disable the GigaRaid controller within the BIOS, as for the memory
test...it's standard when you do a fresh bootup, it dosen't scan when you
perform a restart.

P4C800E-D Intel RAID and Promise RAID Clark Griswold Asus Motherboards 2 January 31st 05 08:17 AM
Gigabyte GA-8IDML with mobile CPU? Cuzman Overclocking 1 December 8th 04 09:20 PM
Intel, AMD... Mirko General 11 November 22nd 04 08:17 AM
Need motherboard recommendation Ray Mitchell Asus Motherboards 17 July 19th 04 11:48 AM
P4 Prescott 3.2GHz Leigh-Anne Mills Asus Motherboards 3 May 20th 04 03:26 AM