GA 7N400 Pro2 F_USB problem

Old August 18th 04, 02:06 PM
John D. Goulden

Default GA 7N400 Pro2 F_USB problem

The front USB connectors on my case are (as far as I can tell) correctly
connected to the F_USB plug on the mainboard. However, USB devices that I
plug into the front case connectors either produce a "USB device not working
properly" error message or are not acknowledged at all. The USB connections
on the rear ATX cluster are fine. Problem exists with Windows XP and Windows
XP SP 2. I suspect a driver problem but have no idea how to resolve it.

What should show up in Device Manager? I don't see anything with "USB2" in
the device name. What drivers should the various USB components be using? If
anyone has this board and knows that their F_USB is working OK, could you
see what your device manager says?

Thanks,

--
John Goulden

Old August 18th 04, 06:07 PM
Mal

"John D. Goulden" wrote in message
[...]

they just show up as USB devices. Windows won't be able to detect any wiring
problems between the board and your front USB ports however ... check the
connections are right, I had mine wired up wrong when I first installed the
board. The USB ports will show up in windows no matter what you do with the
wiring, barring shorting pins out of course.

The USB port, which is all windows is concerned with, is sat on your
motherboard ... the only thing the wiring does is extend the port
connections to a standard socket. You could have nothing connected to the
motherboard socket and windows would still see the hardware working ok. The
only time you'll know that there's a problem is when you try to use it as
you've found out.

let us know how you get on

Mal

Old August 18th 04, 10:45 PM
Eddie B.

"Mal" wrote in message

[...]

Some other GB boards have a rear-of-computer plate with 2 USB ports in it,
and a single plug which goes to a motherboard header. Certainly the 7VA
series of boards have them. My local computer shop has "no-name" equivalents
with the same wiring. If you can get hold of one of those, you can't plug it
into F_USB wrongly. As far as I can tell, GB always lays out the MB header
the same way. It's worth trying - if it works, then you did plug in the
individual wires from the case USB ports wrongly (if it doesn't, then you
know the MB header probably isn't working).

Eddie B.

Mouse Problem Jeff Homebuilt PC's 0 October 1st 04 06:44 AM
ite raid controller extremely slow in 7n400 pro2 rev2 Ale Gigabyte Motherboards 18 July 9th 04 07:23 AM
7N400 Pro2 ver 2, a few small problems Uzi Gigabyte Motherboards 10 July 3rd 04 02:07 PM
again about 7n400 pro2 and sata Fa Gigabyte Motherboards 4 April 27th 04 02:18 PM
GA-7n400 pro2 WinXP install problem? Ponyboy Gigabyte Motherboards 2 April 5th 04 04:50 AM