GA-8KNXP wont POST

Old June 6th 04, 12:48 AM
Jim Nichol

Default GA-8KNXP wont POST

After a blue screen I havn't be able to get anything from my system. The
hard drives spin up and the cd drives flash but there no beeps or keyboard
lights.I have pulled the graphicscard and RAM but still get no beeps. I
havent got a spare PSU or Processor to put in, anyone got any ideas ?

Jim.

Old June 6th 04, 06:12 AM
Tim

Disconnect your front panel connectors: reset and power. try a manual power
up.
Check you don't have rogue screws around, lose cables etc to anything.
Reseat AGP.

What was the cause of the BSOD?

- Tim

Old June 6th 04, 10:30 AM
Jim Nichol

Thanks Tim
I have tried this but still get the same symptoms. The bsod was a page
fault but i didn't catch the file name.
This happened after i moved the pagefile to my 2nd hard drive but i dont see
how it can be related.

Old June 6th 04, 11:10 AM
Tim

How about full details on your system config, bios version, and changes made
since it was last stable. Include PSU and system cooling details
- Tim

Old June 6th 04, 11:44 AM
Jim Nichol

Hi Tim
I think I have a Rev 1 board, with P4 2.4 800 fsb, 2*256 DDR 400
(generic) ATI radeon 9600Pro 256 MB (400 MHz). 2*80 GB western digital IDE
drives (8mb cache) (not RAID) Lite-on cd rewriter and liteon DVD
rewriter.PSU is Eagle 350 watt that came with my case.I dont know BIOS
version but it was September 2003
cooling is stock + 1 case fan
Windows 2000 with all latest patches

The only recent change i made was moving pagefile.sys to my 2nd drive. The
last hardware change I made was adding the DVD but that has run fine for 6
weeks

Old June 6th 04, 05:23 PM
Markavelii

Hi all - i have a similar problem with my new machine - at first, with
2 RAM DIMMs i was getting continuous short beeps. I took out one DIMM
and now it gives me no beeps at all !
Details:
ThermalTake case/psu (480 Purepower)
Gigabyte 8knxp
P4 2.8C
2X512 DDR400
Gigabyte 9600XT
Audigy 2

Any ideas ? Can't be a f**ked power supply can it ??
Old June 6th 04, 06:53 PM
Jim Nichol

I have it down to PSU, CPU or motherboard. My bet is the MB but not for any
logical reason
I got them all from the same place in Nov so I will take them back tommrow
for testing.

Jim.
om...