GA-7IXE4 with large hard drives?

Old May 20th 04, 02:00 PM
Paul Kitching

Default GA-7IXE4 with large hard drives?

Hi,

I have a GA-7IXE4 motherboard (BIOS F7) and I want to add a 160Gb HD
to my existing 60 & 30 GB ones. That leaves me a free IDE device for
my DVD Re-Writer.

I have read that some revisions don't support 80Gb HD's. Does anyone
know if BIOS F7 does?

Also, at the moment I have my 30 & 60Gb on one channel and a CD RW &
DVD RW on the other. Will it be okay to just swap the CD RW for the
new 160Gb drive and make it the slave, or should I put it on the end
of the cable and make it the master (or some other combination)?

Thanks for any help,

Paul.

P.S. I asked Gigabyte on their site (http://ggts.gigabyte.com.tw/),
but it has been a week now and it hasn't even been looked at. Since
then I have had a bad block appear on one of my other drives so I want
to get a new drive as soon as possible.