GA-7N400-L will not work in automatic clk setting

Old May 1st 04, 11:42 PM
Walt E

Default GA-7N400-L will not work in automatic clk setting

my GA-7N400-L mobo will not work with the clk switch set to automatic. i
installed the mobo using the default settings to make sure it worked. after
getting win xp working and getting the mobo drivers installed i tried
setting the clk switch to auto - comp will not boot. i have an athlon 3000+
proc (barton core, 400 mb fsb), 1 gig of pc3400 sdram (from crucial), the
proc heatsink is amd approved to 3400+, my ram is in dimm 1 and 3. mobo
works fine with the clk switch set to 100. everything was taken from a soyo
kt600 dragon plus that worked with a 400 mb fsb. any ideas??? the
giga-byte.com site doesn't work so i can't get any help from them

Old May 2nd 04, 04:45 AM
henny

Great idea
power down and unplug from the wall
now set the ratio switches to 10.5.
power up and re-set up the BIOS
read the manual
HG

ink.net...

Old May 2nd 04, 05:02 AM
Dimitris

"Walt E" wrote in message link.net...
my GA-7N400-L mobo will not work with the clk switch set to automatic. i
installed the mobo using the default settings to make sure it worked. after
getting win xp working and getting the mobo drivers installed i tried
setting the clk switch to auto - comp will not boot. i have an athlon 3000+
proc (barton core, 400 mb fsb), 1 gig of pc3400 sdram (from crucial), the
proc heatsink is amd approved to 3400+, my ram is in dimm 1 and 3. mobo
works fine with the clk switch set to 100. everything was taken from a soyo
kt600 dragon plus that worked with a 400 mb fsb. any ideas??? the
giga-byte.com site doesn't work so i can't get any help from them.

Update the mobo bios, then try again with auto clk. By the way, Athlon
XP 3000+ has 333Mhz FSB, the 3200+ has 400Mhz FSB.
Old May 2nd 04, 11:27 AM
jpsga

For some reason, Dimitris, there are two models of the 3000XP. The part
nmber ending in E allows a FSB of 400mHz.
JS

"Dimitris" wrote in message
m...

link.net...

Old May 2nd 04, 04:49 PM
Dimitris

"jpsga" wrote in message news:324lc.9332$Ia6.1132947@attbi_s03...
For some reason, Dimitris, there are two models of the 3000XP. The part
nmber ending in E allows a FSB of 400mHz.
JS

Update the mobo bios, then try again with auto clk. By the way, Athlon
XP 3000+ has 333Mhz FSB, the 3200+ has 400Mhz FSB.

Ok, ok i wasnt aware of that CPU. Maybe his mobo doesnt support 400Mhz
FSB CPU, only memory ddr400.
Old May 2nd 04, 04:50 PM
Dimitris

"Walt E" wrote in message link.net...
my GA-7N400-L mobo will not work with the clk switch set to automatic. i
installed the mobo using the default settings to make sure it worked. after
getting win xp working and getting the mobo drivers installed i tried
setting the clk switch to auto - comp will not boot. i have an athlon 3000+
proc (barton core, 400 mb fsb), 1 gig of pc3400 sdram (from crucial), the
proc heatsink is amd approved to 3400+, my ram is in dimm 1 and 3. mobo
works fine with the clk switch set to 100. everything was taken from a soyo
kt600 dragon plus that worked with a 400 mb fsb. any ideas??? the
giga-byte.com site doesn't work so i can't get any help from them

Go and take a look at the bios update page.
http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard...GA-7N400-L.htm.
It mentions an issue where it couldnt boot with kingston 400/433 DDR
though yours are crucial they might be affected by this issue also.
Old May 2nd 04, 05:38 PM
fredrickson

"Dimitris" wrote in message
m...
"Walt E" wrote in message

link.net...
my GA-7N400-L mobo will not work with the clk switch set to automatic. i
installed the mobo using the default settings to make sure it worked.

after
getting win xp working and getting the mobo drivers installed i tried
setting the clk switch to auto - comp will not boot. i have an athlon

3000+
proc (barton core, 400 mb fsb), 1 gig of pc3400 sdram (from crucial),

the
proc heatsink is amd approved to 3400+, my ram is in dimm 1 and 3. mobo
works fine with the clk switch set to 100. everything was taken from a

soyo
kt600 dragon plus that worked with a 400 mb fsb. any ideas??? the
giga-byte.com site doesn't work so i can't get any help from them

See if it boots with one stick of ram

Old May 2nd 04, 10:13 PM
Walt E

this xp 3000+ DOES have a 400Mhz fsb although the other xp 3000+ does have
a 333Mhz fsb

"Dimitris" wrote in message
m...

link.net...

Old May 2nd 04, 11:00 PM
Walt E

well, that did't work. i powered down set the ratio_sw to 10.5 left the
clk_sw set to off (100mhz) rebooted, checked the bios, restarted to floppy.
powered down, set clk_sw to auto and........ does not boot ........ no beeps
....no nothing. every part on this mobo came from my soyo mobo and ran fine
at 400Mhz fsb. i am stumped!
"henny" wrote in message
Great idea
power down and unplug from the wall
now set the ratio switches to 10.5.
power up and re-set up the BIOS
read the manual
HG

ink.net...

Old May 2nd 04, 11:02 PM
Walt E

tried that too, same story wont boot with clk_sw set to auto.
thanks

"fredrickson" wrote in message

"Dimitris" wrote in message
m...