8KNXP rev1 and rev2

Old April 21st 04, 06:18 PM
Alphad

Default 8KNXP rev1 and rev2

I know that has been asked before, but my newsreader isn't letting me
search.

What are the differences between rev1 and rev2 of the 8KNXP?

Old April 21st 04, 06:38 PM
Dodgy

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 17:18:08 GMT, "Alphad"
waffled on about something:

I know that has been asked before, but my newsreader isn't letting me
search.

What are the differences between rev1 and rev2 of the 8KNXP?

They changed the onboard sound chip.

D0d6y.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES
Old April 21st 04, 10:44 PM
Alphad

I received a rev2 to replace a rev1 from gigabyte. I'm running WinXP on
Intels SATA (raid 1) ports. Will i have to reinstall windowsxp or are the
boards similar enough where i wont have to make software changes?

Old April 22nd 04, 06:24 AM
Orhan

I've got a single HDD that is connected to SATA0-SB (Intel) and
remapped to IDE Primary Master (I'm running 98SE + XP).
I didn't make any software or driver changes after replacing my rev1.0
with a rev2.0 board. No problem at all.

P.S.: I don't have RAID. But, are you sure that you are running RAID1
on Intel SATA ports? I read in user's manual that these two ports
support RAID0 only.

Orhan

$GR.1463400@attbi_s01...

Old April 22nd 04, 07:34 AM
Bryan Majerle

Alphad wrote:
I know that has been asked before, but my newsreader isn't letting me
search.

What are the differences between rev1 and rev2 of the 8KNXP?

And if only difference is audio chip why

rev1 rev2
Intel P4-Extreme 3.4G 800 - -
Intel P4-Extreme 3.2G 800 - OK
Intel P4-Extreme 3.0G 800 - OK
Intel P4-Prescott 3.4G 800 - OK
Intel P4-Prescott 3.2G 800 OK OK

rev 1 isn't supporting p4 extreme or 3.4 prescot/northwood ?

Is only a commercial things ? (for sell more rev2)

thanks

Andres Zanzani
Rimini, Italy
La Mia NUOVA Pagina DIVX http://www.64k.it/andres
Try Easyband http://web.tiscali.it/majerle

Old April 22nd 04, 09:53 AM
Dodgy

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:34:10 +0200, "Bryan Majerle"
waffled on about something:

Alphad wrote:
I know that has been asked before, but my newsreader isn't letting me
search.

What are the differences between rev1 and rev2 of the 8KNXP?

And if only difference is audio chip why

rev1 rev2
Intel P4-Extreme 3.4G 800 - -
Intel P4-Extreme 3.2G 800 - OK
Intel P4-Extreme 3.0G 800 - OK
Intel P4-Prescott 3.4G 800 - OK
Intel P4-Prescott 3.2G 800 OK OK

rev 1 isn't supporting p4 extreme or 3.4 prescot/northwood ?

Is only a commercial things ? (for sell more rev2)

I think that's purely down to bios. I believe the latest rev1 bios
supports all the above.

Gigabyte aren't trying to push one in favour over the other, they
don't make rev1s anymore.

D0d6y.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES