Adaptec 2940AU and GA-aik1100

Old April 18th 04, 03:59 AM
Harry Edwards

Default Adaptec 2940AU and GA-aik1100

I went to boot the PC a few minutes ago and the screen just hung at
the Press ctrl-A to enter the SCSI select menu. I did the three
finger salute and it did the same thing. I hit the reset button -
same thing. So I turned off the power supply switch, waited a sec and
turned the PC back on. It didn't happen. Could I have a bad SCSI
card? Is there an issue with this motherboard and this SCSI card?
There's an Iomega jaz 2GB drive on scsi ID number 4 on this adapter.
Do jaz drives cause problems? Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!
Old April 18th 04, 06:22 AM
CrimsonLiar

Before getting carried away, just check that over time the card hasnt inched
its way out of the slot a little and that all the cables are tightly in
their sockets. It could be a good idea to check your other drive cables and
cards at the same time. Its not beyond the realms of possibility that your
2940AU has gone south, but usually they are pretty reliable. Regards the
overall reliability issues, I dont recognise your motherboard and so cant
say, though Jaz drives reliability is best described as ok/acceptable and it
is possibly the weak link (sorry).

CrimsonLiar