8KNXP rev:1 RMAed

Old April 9th 04, 03:56 AM
JDcluster

Default 8KNXP rev:1 RMAed

How many others out there in computer land had to have theirs RMAed as well?

I will have my replacement ,Rev 2 in a couple of days along with 2 sticks of
RAM.
Mine died after 10 months of normal use.

JD

Old April 9th 04, 04:04 AM
Stephen Williams

"JDcluster" wrote in message
et...
How many others out there in computer land had to have theirs RMAed as

well?

I will have my replacement ,Rev 2 in a couple of days along with 2 sticks

of
RAM.
Mine died after 10 months of normal use.

JD

Mine started reporting wildly inaccurate voltages after 4 months.

It has now been gone for 6 weeks! I'm the head tech at a computer retailer
in New Zealand, i'm gonna see if i can switch our systems to Asus from
Gigabyte, at least when they crap out it doesn't take this long to get a
replacement.

Steve

Old April 9th 04, 04:39 AM
Bob Davis

"JDcluster" wrote in message
et...
How many others out there in computer land had to have theirs RMAed as

well?

I will have my replacement ,Rev 2 in a couple of days along with 2 sticks

of
RAM.
Mine died after 10 months of normal use.

Rock solid here, now entering its 10th month. (Knocking on wood)

Exactly what happened to yours? Symptoms?

Old April 9th 04, 10:32 AM
The Marshal

"Bob Davis" wrote in message

"JDcluster" wrote in message
et...
How many others out there in computer land had to have theirs RMAed as

well?

I will have my replacement ,Rev 2 in a couple of days along with 2

sticks
of
RAM.
Mine died after 10 months of normal use.

Rock solid here, now entering its 10th month. (Knocking on wood)

Exactly what happened to yours? Symptoms?

Mine lasted 2 months before it died. The Fans where all spinning it just
refused to post.
My Friend bought a rev 1 at the same time and his packed up with the same
symptons 2 days ago.

Old April 10th 04, 09:05 PM
Kris Vorwerk

How many others out there in computer land had to have theirs RMAed as well?

I will have my replacement ,Rev 2 in a couple of days along with 2 sticks of
RAM.
Mine died after 10 months of normal use.

A few weeks ago, my 8KNXP (rev 1) died after about 8 months of normal
use. (I leave my computer on 24x7, and one day, I sat at my desk,
only to find that the system had crashed and would refuse to post upon
rebooting.)

Here in Toronto, it took the Gigabyte service centre about 2 weeks to
get a new board in, and they replaced it with another rev 1. I really
hope this replacement doesn't die. (If so, the 8KNXP will have been
my first -- and probably last -- Gigabyte product.)

-kris
Old April 11th 04, 08:15 AM
Mark Taylor

Hello

I actually had 3 x rev 1 boards RMA'd. Basically they would not run in a
stable manner. Finally I got a Rev 2 board which is now very stable and has
been used extensively for about 4 months now without issue. More than likely
it was a matter of the components I had but I purchased a Aopen AX4C Max to
use during the 3 months or so on and off that the Gigabyte was away and
everything ran very well. I got very tired of swapping the motherboard out
each time I got a new Rev 1 board back to only find it still did not run
very well. I was going to keep the Aopen board but the Gigabyte has some
nice touches such as the extra ITE IDE ports and full powered external USB 2
and FireWire ports which are connected to my external ports on the top of my
Thermaltake case. Below is my current setup which is running very well and
literally never crashes at all.

Mark

Giga-Byte GA-8KNXP v.2.0 Motherboard w/ Award BIOS v. FH
Pentium 4 3.0 w/800 MHz FSB Intel 875P Chipset - HT & PAT enabled
1GB Corsair PC3200 (@ 2.8v (2.5,3,3,6) - Read 4800 MB/s, Write 1500 MB/s
(AIDA32 V3.90)
2 Seagate 120 GB SATA Hard Drives (RAID 1)
RAID 1 on Intel ICH5R (v3.5.0.2568)
Western Digital 200 GB PATA Hard Drive (IDE 3 - Master ITE Controller)
ASUS V9560 FX5600 - AGP 8x 128MB DDR Video Card VIVO (Nvidia v.53.03)
Lite-On 52x32x52 CDR-W (IDE 1 Master)
Panasonic LS-120 Drive (IDE 1 Slave)
Pioneer DVR-107D 8x DVD Writer (IDE 2 Master)
Iomega ZIP 250 MB Drive (IDE 2 Slave)
Pioneer DVD-120 DVD-ROM drive (IDE 4 - Master ITE Controller)
Sony DR-510 DVD-RW Drive (Firewire port)
External 80 GB USB 2.0 Drive
Yamaha AP-U70 External USB Amplifier
Adaptec Duo-Connect IEEE1394/USB 2.0 PCI Card
Thermaltake 480 watt ATX Power Supply
Thermaltake Xaser 3 case
Hitachi 17" LCD Monitor (1280 x 1024)
Win XP Pro SP-1a O.E.M.

--
NOTE: remove nospam. to reply
om...

Old April 18th 04, 04:15 PM
rhogue

I RMA'd my rev 1 after it refused to post. I'd had it for six months

I got a rev 2.0 in return, thanks to newegg.