GA-7n400 pro2 WinXP install problem?

Old April 4th 04, 07:00 PM
Ponyboy

Default GA-7n400 pro2 WinXP install problem?

Ok, I have a similar problem to a couple of posts on this NG.
Win XP (home) will not find the SATA hard drive.
I am building a new computer with 1 120 gig Samsung SATA drive. At first I
couldnt figure out what to copy to a floppy for the drivers while installing
Win XP.
I found them but when I press F6 and winxp says to press s to install
drivers, AT THAT SCREEN, I notice that the mass storage says NONE.
I continue and press S and when it asks for the drivers, I put the floppy
in, it looks like its going to load the drivers but doesnt. It justs says
put in manufacturer supplied disk and press ENTER.

To me it sounds like I have the wrong drivers. I am pretty sure I have the
right drivers but I dont know, cause they sure dont make it easy to put the
drivers on floppy. I went to Gigabyte website and their drivers are the same
but doesnt fit on floppy I think because it has both RAID and Regular
drivers when I just need Drivers for 1 hard drive.
Sorry this question is so long but if anyone can steer me in the right
direction it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Old April 5th 04, 02:16 AM
rabbit

you will need to have the driver for the ata drive on a floppy and in the
computer after it boots to the cd drive
as sone as the install starts hold the f6 key down so the install no's you
are using a sata drive also in your bious you will have to set the boot
control to the scic or other boot drive type

Old April 5th 04, 04:50 AM
Ponyboy

I figured it out. It was a dumb one.
My floppy drive has a key on the top and the bottom which I didnt notice
when I plugged it in. I never seen that before on other floppy drives, they
usually just have one keyed slot. All because of that my windows xp wouldnt
load.
huh
I didnt even here any beep errors or anything.
Thanks anyway