8PE800 Ultra

Old September 1st 03, 10:21 AM
torr

Default 8PE800 Ultra

Howdy , there doent seem to be many posts on this mobo.
Its either a close to faultless mobo or rare mobo to find.

I have this board , i cant say much about the sata raid as I dont use it
but as for everything else it runs flawlessly with WinXP pro
Mine is used primarily for games and the only game i cant get to run is
motoracer 2 due to it not compatible with winxp.
The rest no problem .ie. BF1942 plus mods , Medol of Honour , need for speed
1 to 5 , Soldier of Fortune 1 + 2 , Sin , Grandtheft Auto 3 + VC ,
Wolfenstein and many others.
I do a little bit of photo editing with adobe PhotoShop 6.0 and video
conversions with tmpgenc and Nero.
I dont use the onboard sound because i believe the SBLive sounds better
especially with EAX on.
I use the LAN with a crossover cable running at 100 Mbps.

My system contains :
8PE800 Ultra board , 2.53gig piv , 1*512Mb infineon DDR400 memory
ThermalTale Spark7 PIV cooler on the cpu (I can recommend this)
Segate80 GIG hd on ide3 running at ATA100
Sparkle Geforce TI4200 running at 270/540
Sound Blaster Live sound card (onboard sound diasbled)
Panasonic dvd rom on ide1
Imation 24*10*40 cd-rw burner on ide2
Usb mouse MS intellimouse
Nasty BenQ keyboard that was real cheap

I built this system about the time the piv2.66gig @ 533 fsb was released so
its about 6 months old give or take and ive had absolutely no problems.
Updated the bios to 8pe800u.f5 was originally F4 to see if I could overclock
higher.
Hope this is of some help

Torr

"Brett R" wrote in message
G`day guru people in the know,
Have a request for you all. I am looking at the 8PE800 Ultra board, has
anyone had any experience with this board especialy with the SATA RAID on
board RAID. You know, the usual stuff, how it runs, what are its pit falls
if any and are there any programs or games that seem to have a problem

with
this mobo. Is there any hardwaer it conflicts with.
TIA
Brett (Cairns)

Ultra DMA Ken Homebuilt PC's 28 November 14th 04 02:54 AM
Ultra DMA Ken Asus Motherboards 21 November 14th 04 02:54 AM
What do I need for a very good 6800GT (or Ultra) overclocking kit? Marc Brown Overclocking AMD Processors 2 September 28th 04 10:40 AM
Scarcity of High Speed, Ultra Speed, and Ultra Speed Plus CDRW media? Dave Cohen Cdr 1 April 9th 04 10:30 PM
p4p800 deluxe & Ultra ATA 133 hard drive bobbyb0y Asus Motherboards 2 January 8th 04 02:40 PM