Any New 8KNXP BIOS's?

Old August 19th 03, 11:03 AM
Ken

Default Any New 8KNXP BIOS's?

He's talking about later beta bios versions. Not whats on the gigabyte site.
We all know that the F5 is the latest there.

As for his question i havnt seen any later bios versions than the F6k. Thats
what ive got

Ken

"Matt" wrote in message

"Bradley Walker" wrote in message
I have the F6k Bios that was leaked out a few weeks ago. Are there any
newer F6 Bios's out yet or even word on a public release??

The latest version is F5

http://tw.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/...S_GA-8KNXP.htm

Old August 21st 03, 06:56 AM
Tim

Its wonderful. They have the same numbering sequence.

From what I have read - double check before you do anything - F6C (?) is the
most recent beta bios for Ultra, F6K is most recent for non Ultra. F6K and
those that preceed it (F6A) "seem" to progressively settle many issues with
RAM incompatibities. Again, from what I have read.

So since they are all beta, unless you are masochistic or still have trouble
with your RAM, I would stay away from them.

For a history of others experience with 8KNXP, memory, and bios see:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/v2/showth...4b77bd3e9aa57e
518&threadid=12347&perpage=15&highlight=8knxp%20be ta%20bios&pagenumber=1

- a light, but encouraging read at 18 pages. Demonstrates well the sense of
community that exists on the internet (I have to look for something good out
of all that reading 'cos there are some horror stories in there that seem to
get resolved).

There is a good description of how memtest86 test #5 works and a speel about
the results... sorry, don't recall which page

- Tim

"Bob Davis" wrote in message
.. .
Isn't the F6K only for the Ultra model and the GigaRaid function is not
present?

u...

"Matt" wrote in message

"Bradley Walker" wrote in message
I have the F6k Bios that was leaked out a few weeks ago. Are there

any
newer F6 Bios's out yet or even word on a public release??

The latest version is F5

http://tw.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/...S_GA-8KNXP.htm

8KNXP - Corsair Twinx 3700 - Bios F8 Matt. Davies Overclocking 5 December 16th 03 09:01 AM
overclock 8knxp Luca Overclocking 4 October 8th 03 05:13 PM
8KNXP: where can i find IDE driver? klausa2 Gigabyte Motherboards 3 August 23rd 03 01:15 AM
8KNXP - Bios here's F6k - 8knxp.f6k (0/1) Ackk Gigabyte Motherboards 9 August 1st 03 12:59 AM
8KNXP and Intel Application Accelerator Greg Gigabyte Motherboards 3 July 25th 03 04:59 AM