GA-8IK1100 and Mouse Problems

Old July 24th 03, 12:59 PM
S.Heenan

Default GA-8IK1100 and Mouse Problems

Gary Seven wrote:
I posted on this before but didn't get much of a response. I have a
Logitech Optical mouse. When I reboot sometimes the cursor is gone.
I flashed the F6 bios, and I installed the latest mouseware from
lotitech's site. Still I get the same thing. I also have the latest
Intel chipset infs, so I pretty much ran out of options.

Try resetting BIOS defaults with the mouse plugged into the PS/2 port. I've
had several Gigabyte boards that were initially flakey in this very regard.
--
Winerr 00B - Push Error; Removing Files to Make Room for Advertisement

Old July 24th 03, 11:14 PM
Gary Seven

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 11:59:44 GMT, "S.Heenan"
wrote:

Gary Seven wrote:
I posted on this before but didn't get much of a response. I have a
Logitech Optical mouse. When I reboot sometimes the cursor is gone.
I flashed the F6 bios, and I installed the latest mouseware from
lotitech's site. Still I get the same thing. I also have the latest
Intel chipset infs, so I pretty much ran out of options.

Try resetting BIOS defaults with the mouse plugged into the PS/2 port. I've
had several Gigabyte boards that were initially flakey in this very regard.

Tried that, when the Logitech mouse plugged into the PS2 port Windows
doesn't see it. Its lit up, but no cursor. I've had people tell me
that optuical mice don't work well on ps2 ports.
Old July 25th 03, 12:03 AM
John Yuen

Using smae board with a MX700 wireless optical in the PS2 port. No
problem so far. Did have problem with a set of Wireless Freedom Optical
when using the USB on my laptop. The mouse will disappear from time to
time when using media player.

Regards
John Yuen

Old July 25th 03, 12:29 AM
Darmok

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 07:32:17 -0400, Gary Seven
wrote:

I posted on this before but didn't get much of a response. I have a
Logitech Optical mouse. When I reboot sometimes the cursor is gone.
I flashed the F6 bios, and I installed the latest mouseware from
lotitech's site. Still I get the same thing. I also have the latest
Intel chipset infs, so I pretty much ran out of options.

Don't know what to tell you , but I have pretty much the same setup
.... a Ga-8IK1100 MB with a Logitech wireless optical mouse. Never a
glitch on this end. It appears I'm using Logitech's driver version
9.42.0, if that's any help. It probably needs to be updated, but it
works well, so "if it ain't broke ...."

Old July 25th 03, 03:14 AM
Gary Seven

wrote:

I posted on this before but didn't get much of a response. I have a
Logitech Optical mouse. When I reboot sometimes the cursor is gone.
I flashed the F6 bios, and I installed the latest mouseware from
lotitech's site. Still I get the same thing. I also have the latest
Intel chipset infs, so I pretty much ran out of options.

Don't know what to tell you , but I have pretty much the same setup
... a Ga-8IK1100 MB with a Logitech wireless optical mouse. Never a
glitch on this end. It appears I'm using Logitech's driver version
9.42.0, if that's any help. It probably needs to be updated, but it
works well, so "if it ain't broke ...."

I'm using 9.78... so I dunno. Maybe. This is a wired mouse so I'm
thinking its a voltage issue.
Old July 25th 03, 03:14 AM
Gary Seven

wrote:

I posted on this before but didn't get much of a response. I have a
Logitech Optical mouse. When I reboot sometimes the cursor is gone.
I flashed the F6 bios, and I installed the latest mouseware from
lotitech's site. Still I get the same thing. I also have the latest
Intel chipset infs, so I pretty much ran out of options.

Don't know what to tell you , but I have pretty much the same setup
... a Ga-8IK1100 MB with a Logitech wireless optical mouse. Never a
glitch on this end. It appears I'm using Logitech's driver version
9.42.0, if that's any help. It probably needs to be updated, but it
works well, so "if it ain't broke ...."

Oh yeah....
As the walls fell.
Old July 25th 03, 08:21 AM
Muttley

Just guessing here, but what type of video card do you have.
Could be a video card or video card driver problem.
Could be a windows registry problem.
When the cursor is missing, does windows complain that it didn't find a
mouse during bootup? Can't recall if XP does this, but the Win9X versions
do.
Have you looked in device manager when the cursor is missing to check if the
mouse entry shows any problems (using keyboard of course)?

Have you tried a different mouse? ie. Different brand, PS/2 or serial, even
a normal ball type?

Have you tried the mouse on a different computer?

Try uninstalling the Mouseware drivers and just use the standard windows
mouse driver to see if the problem still occurs or is fixed.

IIRC, There is a setting to hide the cursor when typing somewhere in XP.
Maybe your keyboard is sending false keypresses and causing the cursor to
hide?

John S.

Old July 25th 03, 11:27 AM
Darmok

wrote:

I posted on this before but didn't get much of a response. I have a
Logitech Optical mouse. When I reboot sometimes the cursor is gone.
I flashed the F6 bios, and I installed the latest mouseware from
lotitech's site. Still I get the same thing. I also have the latest
Intel chipset infs, so I pretty much ran out of options.

Don't know what to tell you , but I have pretty much the same setup
... a Ga-8IK1100 MB with a Logitech wireless optical mouse. Never a
glitch on this end. It appears I'm using Logitech's driver version
9.42.0, if that's any help. It probably needs to be updated, but it
works well, so "if it ain't broke ...."

Oh yeah....
As the walls fell.

"Gary & Isis at Tenagra ... Gary & Isis on the ocean!"

"Mirab, with sails unfurled ..."
Old July 26th 03, 03:19 AM
Gary Seven

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 17:21:52 +1000, "Muttley"
wrote:

[...]

I installed the Mouseware drivers to solve the problem as I had this
behavior before I installed it. Thanks though!