7VAXP Ultra USB2.0 Devices

Old July 20th 03, 12:59 AM
Matt

Default 7VAXP Ultra USB2.0 Devices

Jeff wrote in message ...
I have the Non Ultra model and have reported the following with the
same list of devices in device mgr as yours!
1) If I have my USB 2 card reader plugged in at boot, the machine
freezes at the memory test...However, I can plug it in after the boot
to XP and all is well! This one was reported here months agao! No
response from Gigabyte...Note a plain usb 1 reader does NOT exhibit
the proiblem.
snip

Yeah, Someone else and I had the same issue. I believe alot of others are
having the issue too. When my Imation USB 2.0 reader is hooked up when
rebooting, the computer hangs and has to be shutdown manually and then
restarted. I got frustrated for the longest time and got sick of it. So I
bought a new USB R/W. Now I have an "internal" USB 2.0 reader/writer in my
3.5" floppy bay and it works perfect! Go figure! My guess? Some early USB
2.0 devices don't work well with these motherboards. That's the only thing I
can think of.

Matt

Old July 20th 03, 03:10 AM
Jeff

Thanks for the info...I have the Imation also. If I could ask, which
internal reader did you get and where? I have always been puzzled bu
the headers on the mobo and no mention of a device...
Your assistance is appreciated and I have lots of room in my Antec
case! The only one I have seen around is from crapusa shudder
jeff

Old July 20th 03, 03:40 AM
Matt

BTW. I have an Antec case as well. :-) Nice choice!

Old July 20th 03, 03:46 AM
Matt

Hereis the URL for the reader. I don't see any purchase option. You may want
to try Ebay or another retailer. Do a search on Google for "Apacer USB 2.0"

http://www.apacer.com/apacer_english...d_reader20.asp

Old July 20th 03, 04:11 PM
Jeff

I found a 7 in 1 Apacer reader at https://www.ajump.com/ for $27usd
inc ground shipping...not bad, so I ordered it last night....even
comes with a black bezel to match the Antec!

Being a hardware junkie I was looking at the new Thermaltake
cases....NICE but I am holding my $$ for the new Athlon 64's when they
come out (and down in price) As much as I keep my old stuff I will
probably attach the Imation to my Imac 17" 700mhz even though it is
only USB1, Do not use it to much, but it is an elegant machine and OS
(Wide screen model with OSX) Bought it just to learn a bit...expensive
little puppy!

BTW I am a bit confused with the directions. I guess I will have to
remove 1 usb header plug (I use all the built in ports + a hub) but
underneath is a different pin structure than the one you
mentioned....two rows of pins...right row has 5 pins and left row has
4...too bad they did not make one that hooked up directly to the pins
on the MB for SD, MS, etc, but that would be alot of cables. I am sure
the instructions will be decent since it is from Apacer. I use alot of
Memory sticks and now SD cards for my new Digital Camera and 3970
Ipaq,,,,,

regards
jeff

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 03:04:09 GMT, "Matt"
wrote:

Jeff wrote in message ...
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 02:38:45 GMT, "Matt"
wrote:

THANKS ONCE AGAIN MATT...YOUR A LIFESAVER...NOW I CAN GET THE BLOOPY

iMATION OFF MY DESK WHERE (LIKE YOU) IT BUGS ME TO NO END!
regarsds
Jeff

Yeah but keep Imation in it's case. You never knoiw when you might need it.
Ff your going away and need a USB device for a computer that doesn't have
one then viola!

Old July 23rd 03, 01:22 AM
Jeff

wrote:

Jeff wrote in message ...
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 02:38:45 GMT, "Matt"
wrote:

THANKS ONCE AGAIN MATT...YOUR A LIFESAVER...NOW I CAN GET THE BLOODY

iMATION OFF MY DESK WHERE (LIKE YOU) IT BUGS ME TO NO END!
regarsds
Jeff

Yeah but keep Imation in it's case. You never knoiw when you might need it.
Ff your going away and need a USB device for a computer that doesn't have
one then viola!

Well, thanks again Matt:
The new Apacer USB2 internal multi memory card reader arrived today
and was promptly installed! NO MORE PROBLEMS!!!! Also seems alot
faster than the old trouble causing Imation.
regards
jeff