Music reviews webpage - what software?

Old February 6th 04, 11:19 PM
Kwaj

Default Music reviews webpage - what software?

Hi all,

I am putting up a website to review a genre of music. I intend on doing 2
reviews a week and having an archive of reviews in one section. In addition,
the main index page would be edited once a week to reflect the "feature
album" along with a couple of additions in the main content of the page.

Now here's my problem. If I use standard webpage development software, I
would need to rewrite the index page each time it changes a little (tedios
and given that there will be only minor changes in content, inefficient).
Further the archive page would need to manually edited to add the new albums
each time too.

I have been told that good "content management" software can do must of the
modification for you. All you need to do is change some text in the right
file and it will do the rest. Is this correct? If so, can you guys suggest
appropirate software for this (preferably free)? Otherwise, can you just
suggest a good approach for this?

Finally, I am not a hotshot webpage developer...I can put stuff together if
I need to and will be willing to learn 'a little' of a new language to get
this task done.

cheers

Old February 7th 04, 02:15 AM
kony

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 09:19:39 +1100, "Kwaj"
wrote:

[...]

You need more memory, at least 2 GB, and two Raptors in RAID0.

As for the website, if you don't have the time to do it, don't.