IBM/Lexmark Model M keyboard Part Number Question

Old January 30th 04, 08:55 AM
Austin R. Graves

Default IBM/Lexmark Model M keyboard Part Number Question

Hello,

I have what I admit is a relatively obscure question regarding the IBM
Model M keyboard. I am currently looking on the Internet for a keyboard of
the same model as one that I used to have a couple years ago but no longer
own. It was an IBM Model M manufactured by Lexmark, with the blue IBM logo,
removable keycaps, drainage channels and a thin coiled PS/2 cable. I was
pretty sure that it had a part number of the form "52G965x". The thing is, I
found a place online that has some available, except that they have two
kinds- one with the part number 52G9658, and one with the part number
52G9652. I don't know whether I want the 2 or the 8. I e-mailed them to ask
what the diference was, but they didn't seem to know. Are there any other
Model M enthusiasts out there who know what the difference is?

Incidentally I'm looking for this model in particular because the one I
had, as I remember it at least, was more sturdy than a couple other variants
I have tried since. I acquired a 42H1292 that came from the United Kingdom,
and I found that it had inferior tolerances in the manufacturing, and some
of the keys were quite wobbly. I also came to own a Unicomp Customizer, but
discovered that it didn't have removable keycaps, and the drain ridges were
missing. Thus my quest for the One True Keyboard.

Thanks for reading-

Regards

Old January 30th 04, 10:57 PM
Jerry Peters

In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc Austin R. Graves wrote:
[...]

Looking at the back of mine:

Part No 1391401
Fru No 1392090
Id No 96489
Date 05-21-1993
Plt No T1 Model M
--
a n
gapeters @ t . e
Old January 31st 04, 05:23 AM
Austin R. Graves

Thank you for the information -

"Jerry Peters" wrote in message

Looking at the back of mine:

Part No 1391401
Fru No 1392090
Id No 96489
Date 05-21-1993
Plt No T1 Model M
--
a n
gapeters @ t . e

Cooked old lady's puter part 2 (K7S5A board question) Dr. J. Smith General 7 January 22nd 04 08:02 AM
Logitech keyboard question... nooneimportant General 0 December 30th 03 05:04 AM
USB keyboard question Arget General 5 November 17th 03 04:10 AM
Gigabyte Mobo with Keyboard PS2 port failure Hans Huber General 2 August 12th 03 10:47 PM
Compaq Deskpro EN keyboard question [email protected] General 1 August 11th 03 09:06 AM