Will i seen any noticeable improvement?

Old June 5th 10, 06:35 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
MerseyMal

Default Will i seen any noticeable improvement?

PC has an Intel Q6600 G0 cpu overclocked to 3.2GHz, an Abit IP35 Pro
motherboard, 4GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500 RAM an NVIDIA 8800 GTX and
is running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

The maximum resolution I'll be playing it is the 1680x1050 resolution of
the monitor that came with my NVIDIA 3D Vision kit.

If I choose to spend the extra to get a GTX 480 instead of a 470, would
I actually notice any difference?

In fact would I get as much improvement from an older graphics card, due
to any bottlenecks there may be with my current setup?

Thanks

Mal
Old June 6th 10, 04:13 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus[_5_]

"MerseyMal" wrote in message
t...

PC has an Intel Q6600 G0 cpu overclocked to 3.2GHz, an Abit IP35 Pro
motherboard, 4GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500 RAM an NVIDIA 8800 GTX and
is running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

The maximum resolution I'll be playing it is the 1680x1050 resolution of
the monitor that came with my NVIDIA 3D Vision kit.

If I choose to spend the extra to get a GTX 480 instead of a 470, would
I actually notice any difference?

In fact would I get as much improvement from an older graphics card, due
to any bottlenecks there may be with my current setup?

In a word, no. I'd spend my $400 upgrade money on a Q9400 ($200) which your
m/b supports and an EVGA Core 216 SSC GTX 260 ($200). Or just the GTX 260
for $200. GTX 470 on that setup and resolution is a waste of GPU power.
It's game performance on that system at that resolution will be within 5-10%
of a GTX 470.