180.48 breaks XP Remote Desktop

Old November 20th 08, 05:51 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Folk

Default 180.48 breaks XP Remote Desktop

Yesterday I installed the WHQL 180.48 on my 8800 GTX. I didn't test
them extensively but did find a couple of problems.

- Manually adding a game profile in the Nvidia Control panel caused
an error and wouldn't let me proceed. I was able to add it by
selecting it (UT2004.EXE) from the full list of games. Nvidia's
control panel didn't show UT2004 as being installed. I have it
installed in a non-standard location (E: drive), but I don't know if
that was the problem.

- These drivers break XP's Remote Desktop. The PC the 8800 is
installed on is acting as the host. Once these drivers are installed,
I can't connect to it from other PC's on my network.
Old January 7th 09, 11:31 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

yea that's right.
i had same problem 2, revert to older driver solved this problem.
nvidia doesn't answer yet
http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion...hp?t82853.html
Old January 9th 09, 02:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
smlunatick

On Jan 7, 11:31*pm, wrote:
yea that's right.
i had same problem 2, revert to older driver solved this problem.
nvidia doesn't answer yethttp://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t82853.html

As Jan 8, 2009, the newer 181.20 WHQL drivers fix the problem with
Remote Desktop under XP (I have tested it.)