COD World at War

Old November 13th 08, 10:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Timelord

Default COD World at War

I have just got this game for PC. I am using Vista 64bit and when i try to
launch the game i get a meaasge saying it had to close and tries to find a
solution. I have installed patch 1.1 but it made no difference.
Any ideas??

Thanks.

Old November 18th 08, 08:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Timelord

Thanks for that Mark. It turned out being my Realtek HD on board 7.1 sound
drivers needing to be updated, The thing is though with the latest drivers,
2.07 i think is that there must be a bug as in the settings it shows 5.1 set
up with side speakers and not rear for some reason wheras older drivers
which won't let the game run are correctly configured.
This causes strange sound effects and no amount of messing around can solve
this.

Phil.

Old November 19th 08, 09:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mark[_18_]

Phil

Have you tried changing the speaker set-up from Comtrol
Panel/Sound/playback/speakers/configure.

"timelord" wrote in message
I have just got this game for PC. I am using Vista 64bit and when i try
to launch the game i get a meaasge saying it had to close and tries to
find a solution. I have installed patch 1.1 but it made no difference.
Any ideas??

Thanks.

PC World - why does anyone buy from them? Dan[_7_] UK Computer Vendors 5 May 31st 07 11:14 PM
PC World ad johannes UK Computer Vendors 5 October 19th 06 09:48 PM
Never buy from PC World Adam UK Computer Vendors 64 October 25th 05 10:06 AM
PC World UK Computer Vendors 1 January 13th 04 03:58 PM
PC World Aymen UK Computer Vendors 15 August 6th 03 01:40 AM