No Physx processor installed

Old October 23rd 08, 07:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Daniel[_4_]

Default No Physx processor installed

Hi

I am running Vista Ultimate with a DC 2.6 Gig CPU.
I have a nVidia 8600 GTS 512 meg card, when I open nVidia Physx Properties
in Control Panel it says on the info page.
"No Ageia Physx processor installed"

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

The game I have that uses Physx is Train Simulator.

thanks

Daniel

Old October 23rd 08, 08:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Daniel[_4_]

"Bill" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
Hi

I am running Vista Ultimate with a DC 2.6 Gig CPU.
I have a nVidia 8600 GTS 512 meg card, when I open nVidia Physx
Properties
in Control Panel it says on the info page.
"No Ageia Physx processor installed"

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

The game I have that uses Physx is Train Simulator.

thanks

Daniel

Did you install the driver?

http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_8.09.04_whql.html

Bill
--
GMail, Google Goobers and Web to Usenet gateway users.
This century's answers to AOL and WebTV.

Yes I did

cheers

Old October 23rd 08, 11:33 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
deimos[_2_]

Daniel wrote:

"Bill" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
Hi

I am running Vista Ultimate with a DC 2.6 Gig CPU.
I have a nVidia 8600 GTS 512 meg card, when I open nVidia Physx
Properties
in Control Panel it says on the info page.
"No Ageia Physx processor installed"

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

The game I have that uses Physx is Train Simulator.

thanks

Daniel

Did you install the driver?

http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_8.09.04_whql.html

Bill
--
GMail, Google Goobers and Web to Usenet gateway users.
This century's answers to AOL and WebTV.

Yes I did

cheers

"No AGEIA Physx Processor Installed" is completely normal as you're not
using the PPU which is also supported by the Physx driver. You're using
"Geforce Physx" which is listed under settings. You can use this to
switch GPU Physx on or off.
Old October 24th 08, 01:30 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Daniel[_4_]

"deimos" deimos@localhost wrote in message
Daniel wrote:

"Bill" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, I think I understand, does this mean I need to install a Physx
Processing Unit
as well, and use it in conjunction with my GPU?

thanks

Daniel

Old October 24th 08, 03:44 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Daniel[_4_]

"Bill" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"Bill" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"deimos" deimos@localhost wrote in message

snip

"No AGEIA Physx Processor Installed" is completely normal as you're
not
using the PPU which is also supported by the Physx driver. You're
using
"Geforce Physx" which is listed under settings. You can use this to
switch GPU Physx on or off.

Thanks, I think I understand, does this mean I need to install a Physx
Processing Unit
as well, and use it in conjunction with my GPU?

thanks

Daniel

No, the GeForce 8XXX and up graphic cards from Nvidia are supposed
to support PhysX effects. I know my 8800 does. You may find some
games run unacceptably slow when you add the extra overhead of the
PhysX effects with your less capable 8600 though.

Bill
--
GMail, Google Goobers and Web to Usenet gateway users.
This century's answers to AOL and WebTV.

Bill

Okay so I am back to square one, I have the latest drivers for both GPU
and
Physx installed as administrator,
so where to from here.

BTW, I meant Rail Simulator not Train Simulator, and Physx capability is
installed as a part of it's install routine.

Bit of a difference, that.

regards

Daniel

Do you now have a Nvidia PhysX icon in the control panel?

Bill
--
GMail, Google Goobers and Web to Usenet gateway users.
This century's answers to AOL and WebTV.

Yes I do, before this it was the Ageia Physx Icon, both were the same,
that is how I get the Physx Properties up.

regards

Daniel

Old October 24th 08, 09:19 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Daniel[_4_]

Well, a start would be to click on the icon to open it. Fiirst tab
is 'Info'. It will tell you what PhysX engines are installed.

The following are installed
v2.8.1
v2.8.0
v2.7.6
v2.7.5
v2.7.4
v2.7.3
v2.7.2
v2.7.1
v2.7.0
v2.6.4
v2.6.3
v2.6.2
v2.6.1
v2.6.0
v2.5.4
v2.5.3
v2.5.2
v2.5.1
v2.5.0
v2.4.4
v2.4.1
v2.4.0
v2.3.3
v2.3.2
v2.3.1
Next try the demos under the 'Demo' tab. Then there is always the
ubiquitous 'Help' tab.
Was no help at all
If the demos work it's installed.

I get an error box that I need DX9c installed, I have Vista and DX10
installed
If the game doesn't work there may
be settings in the game you can change.

The game does work but it will work without Physx processer installed

If not you'll have to get
help from the game people; I don't run that game.

Bill

Old October 25th 08, 12:15 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Daniel[_4_]

I was under the impression that DX10 was supposed to be backwards
compatable.

Googling.

1st hit on "Vista and DX9"

As found he http://www.ngohq.com/news/9608-vista-requires-
directx-9-neowin.html

Turns out that Vista's DirectX 10 is not fully backwards compatible
with DirectX 9, and Vista does not ship with the components required
for all games that utilize DirectX 9. Therefore, if you get any
errors about missing DLL files from games when you try to run them in
Vista, then you'll have to actually download and install DirectX 9.
Did you check to see if there were any settings in the game that
referred to PhysX?

Bill
--
GMail, Google Goobers and Web to Usenet gateway users.
This century's answers to AOL and WebTV.

A couple of excellent points, I was not aware that I could install DX9c on
top of DX10, I will give it a go.
The game settings do not refer to Physx specific settings, I will ask the
game support site which ones are Physx related.

thanks for your perseverance.

regards

Daniel

Old October 25th 08, 01:21 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Daniel[_4_]

"Daniel" wrote in message
[...]

I installed DX9c (or at least an update that was advertised as a DX9c
install) and the demos are now working,
but the "No Physx Processor installed" message is still there on the info
page.
It seems from the game site that there is a lot of doubt around the games
ability to utelise Physx processing,
so I guess that is about as far as we will get.

Thanks for your help through this.

regards

Daniel